Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Devil's Food Cupcake with Chocolate Cream Frosting

My class has started this week.  I felt so tired each day after the lesson.  It's either my 2 months break was too long or the lesson was boring.  I can't deny the lesson we learned is very relevant and it's an important knowledge, however,  it's too dry.  In some aspect, I think the course duration can be shortened by at least a day as it was quite draggy sometimes.
I am not going to write too much in this post as I am tired.  I just want to update this recipe for future reference.  I love the texture of this cupcake, it's really moist and chocolaty!    I adopted this from Anncoo Journal, thanks to her for sharing this.

Ingredients
- 25g unsweetened cocoa powder 
- 30g semisweet chocolate (56%)
- ¼ cup boiling water
- ¼ cup buttermilk ( 1/4 cup whipping cream mixed with 1/4 Tbsp vinegar, rest 2-3 mins)

- 1 large egg
- 60g brown sugar 
- 50g caster sugar 
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 45g canola oil 

- 75g plain flour                }
- ½ tsp baking soda         } sift together
- ¼ tsp salt                       }

Frosting (the amount is not very accurate as I didn't measure)
- 90g semi sweet chocolate 
- 50g whipping cream (optional)
- 50g whipped cream

Instructions

  1. Preheat oven to 170*C.
  2. Combine cocoa powder and chocolate in a bowl,  pour in boiling water and let it sit for 3 mins.  Whisk until smooth and follow by buttermilk.  Mix well.
  3. Using electric mixer, beat egg, vanilla essence and sugars until light and creamy.  Add in oil and mix well.  
  4. Fold in flour mixture (flour & salt), alternate with chocolate mixture in additions.
  5. Scoop batter evenly among paper liners. Bake for about 18 -20 mins or until tester inserted comes out clean.
  6. Let cupcakes cool in the pan and cool completely before frosting it.
  7. Frosting - Heat whipping cream till just boiling, add in chocolate and let it sit for 3-5 mins. Mix well and set aside to cool.  Whip whipping cream till soft peak and mix with chocolate mixture.  Chill for 20-30 mins before piping.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails