Monday, January 30, 2017

CNY - Hazelnut White Coffee Cookies

I was amazed by the shape of the cookies when someone posted the Coffee Bean cookies as they really looked like coffee beans.  Hence, I decided to give this recipe a try.

The originally recipe called for 3 in 1 instant coffee powder, I wanted something different so I used the Hazelnut White Coffee powder instead.

After mixing the hazelnut white coffee powder, I just realized the colour wasn't right, it was too pale, not black at all.  However,  it's too late for me to U turn, I could only take this as a lesson learned.  Taste wise, from my view, it passed the mark but I think the sugar could be cut down.

Please find original recipe by Aunty Young here.

If you like hazelnut flavor which looks like a raw coffee bean, you can below recipe 

Hazelnut White Coffee Cookies

Ingredients:

  • 110g Salted Butter
  • 50g Icing Sugar (sifed)
  • 25g Hazelnut White Coffee Powder     }  Dry Ingredients:
  • 10g Cocoa Powder                                }  Sift and mix well
  • 180g Cake Flour                                    }

Method:

1. Beat butter and icing sugar on low speed until pale and light (about 3 mins). 
2. Fold in dry ingredients till well mixed (don't overmix)
3. Portion dough into 4g each, roll into an oval shape, use a knife or cutter to make a slice lightly that look like coffee bean. 
4. Place cookies on baking tray lined with parchment paper. Chill for an hour (at least 30 mins)
5.  Preheat oven to 150*C (top-bottom heat) 15-20 mins before baking.
6.  Bake at 160*C for 10 mins and then 150*C for another 15 mins.
7.  Transfer to cooling rack.  Store in airtight container once it's cooled down. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails