Sunday, January 8, 2017

Butter Cookies


When I was a kid, I loved Danish butter cookies and always ate as breakfast, sometimes I also ate as snack after meal.  Though these days, I cut down a lot, once in a while, I still crave for it.
 Lately, I found many bloggers were experimenting and trying to identify the best butter cookies, it enticed me to try out and therefore decided to join the fun.  I did 4 recipes within a weekend, below were my finding.  

The first recipe was adopted from baking for the happy kids, same as her, I used unsalted butter.  I liked the texture of the cookies, it indeed gave me the melt in the mouth effect but the taste was too light and not enough sweetness.
 The second recipe was adopted from Miss Tam Chiak, same as her, I used Golden Churn salted butter.  The cookies were crispy outside, melt in the mouth, it was very fragrant and buttery.   On my first bite, I really liked it but after a few bites, I found it too salty for me.  

The third recipe was adopted from one of the article from her world plus, I used Golden Churn salted butter.   On my first bite, in comparison with Miss Tam Chiak's, I think the cookies were less fragrant and buttery, other than that, it was perfectly good.   

I decided to improvise the third recipe and hence made another batch of cookie.   I added 10g caster sugar and 25g more of butter.   This time, the cookie turned out super good.  It tasted like Danish cookies, buttery, crispy and melt in the mouth. 

If you like butter cookies, try this recipe! 


Ingredients:
  • 120g cold salted butter 
  • 1 egg yolk (beaten)       } mix 
  • 2 tsp vanilla essence    } together
  • 65g cake flour    } Dry
  • 20g plain flour    }  Ingredients: 
  • 65g cornstarch    }  sift and mix 
  • 40g icing sugar   } together
  • 10 g caster sugar }
  • 5g milk powder   }



Method:
1. Beat butter on low speed until pale and light (about 2-3 mins). 

2. Add egg yolk and vanilla essence a little at a time on medium low speed till combine.  
3. Fold in dry ingredients till dough forms (don't overmix), wrap dough and chill in fridge for at least an hour. 
4.  Fill the dough in a piping bag with desired nozzle.  Pipe on baking tray lined with parchment paper. Chill for another 1 hour. 
5.  Preheat oven to 190*C (top-bottom heat) 15-20 mins before baking.
6.  Bake at 180*C for 10 mins and 160*C for another 8-10 mins or until golden brown.
7.  Transfer to cooling rack.  Store in airtight container once it's cooled down. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails