Thursday, December 29, 2016

Pineapple Tarts (enclosed version)

I've a lot of sentiments for pineapple tarts as it was the first cookie I baked, and because of that bake, it fired my passion into baking.  I once abandoned this baking passion but glad that I'm back and now pursuing a professional qualification.  I am still unsure whether I'll switch career but I enjoy every moment of the learning journey.  Hope I can figure out what exactly I want to do before I graduate.  
Pineapple tarts is one of the most popular CNY cookies for most people.  I used to love so much that I could "swallow" many a day but after being able to bake, I only do tasting as the tasting itself can make me consumed unnecessary calories.
I baked this at the request of my daughter's BFF.  She had the craving for it.  I used to have a recipe for pineapple tarts but it was difficult to handle, the crust/ skin always stuck onto my fingers.  That's the reason pushing me to look for another good recipe and after several searches, I decided to adopt the recipe from Sonia of  Nasi Lemak Lover.  

I can't say this is the best recipe but it's considered very good. This recipe has the melt-in-the mouth effect but as compare to my old recipe, the degree is lesser.   You can hover to Sonia's blog or refer to the following which has been modified to my preference.

Ingredients:

  • 450g Golden Churn Pure Creamery Butter (cold and firm)
  • 130g Condense milk
  • 660g Plain flour (sifted)
  • 3 egg yolks (large)
  • 1 kg Pineapple jam mixed well with 2-3 limes (to reduce sweetness)
Egg wash:  1 egg yolk with 1 tsp cream/milk

Preparation: Scale 9g of pineapple jam and roll into a ball.  You should get about 110 pcs of pineapple jam balls.

Method:
  1. Cream butter on medium speed till smooth (2-3 mins), add in condensed milk till light (1-2 mins) (don't over beat as too much creaming will create crumbly product).
  2. Add in egg yolk one at a time on medium low speed and mix till combine.
  3. Add in 50% of flour on low speed and when it hits 50-60% incorporation, add in remaining.  Stop the mixer upon mix well (don't overmix).
  4. Remove from mixer and form into dough.  Divide dough into 10g each.
  5. Flatten a piece of dough, place a piece of pineapple jam balls and roll it to give a neat round shape.  Cut a few lines on the top surface and then place it on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
  6. Chill for 30 mins or more.  Preheat oven at 170*C  15 mins before baking.
  7. Glaze a layer of egg yolk over the top and bake at 170*C for 20-23 mins or till golden brown.
  8. Cool completely before storing.
Bake the world a better place !

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails