Sunday, March 31, 2013

Blueberry Chocolate Cheesecake

Lately, I was addicted to iphone apps, I downloaded/ purchased many apps and like to play with it to create different effect to enhance my photo.  

All these apps give extra touch to the photo and make the photo very interesteting.  These are some of the pictures I used a few apps to create.   Look good?


I find it's hard to find time to blog these days and therefore, I would like to keep my post short.  This is a cold set cheesecake.  I made this for one of my colleague's birthday two weeks ago, all my colleagues like it so much and few of them asked me for recipe.  :)

Wow! Time flies..   the last time I made this was in 2009,  I was surprised that it was so far back.  

If you're interested in giving this cake a try, here you go...


Blueberry Chocolate Cheesecake
Cheesecake Base:
-50g digestive biscuit crumbs combines with 50g Oreo biscuit crumbs
-50g melted butter

Method:
1. Mix all the above ingredients and press into a 6" prepared pan lined with foil. Chill in fridge for at least 30 mins.

Cheese Filling:
A. 250g cream cheese, 5g vanilla essence, 2 tbsp lemon juice
B. 25g milk, 95g white chocolate coins, 50g sugar
C. 11g gelatin, dissolve with 2 tbsp hot water or double boil
D. 200g whipping cream (whipped)
E. 110g blueberry pie filling

Method:
1. Whip cream cheese and then add in vanilla essence and lemon juice. Beat till smooth (abt 3-5 mins)
2. Double boil milk, white chocolate and sugar. Still and boil till chocolate melts over low heat.
3. Add dissolved gelatine into above chocolate mixture, stir till combine.
4. Pour above chocolate mixture slowly into cream cheese mixture in step 1, beat on slow speed till well combined. Pour whipped cream into the above mixture and mix well.
5. Divide the above mixture into 1/3 and 2/3 portions. Add blueberry pie filing into 1/3 mixture, stir till combine.
6. Pour half of the 2/3 plain mixture into the prepared pan and let it set in the fridge (about 15 mins in freezer)
7. Pour the blueberry mixture on top of the plain mixture and let it set in the fridge (about 15 mins in freezer)
8. Pour the remaining plain mixture on top and let it chill the fridge for at least 3 hours till it completely sets.
9. Decorate with extra blueberry filling if desired.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails