Since Christmas till now, I have not been very active in baking and blogging although I had more off days than usual. Instead I had been shopping a lot lately.. my bad spending habit started to relapse and out of control ...Oh gosh!
It's not good! I know but it's not easy to control ... if I stop baking and blogging, I must find another hobby.. else I will be falling back to old bad spending habit, I really do not wish to!
I just settled with 孟老师's recipe since her book was well received by many bakers. However, the turnout didn't meet my expectation. The cookie wasn't rich enough and it seemed too dry. I realized 孟老师''s recipe called for longer baking time as compare to others. I was quite disappointed with this bake.
However, if you like something less sweet and not too rich, this cookie might fit you.
Chocolate Chip Cookies (adopted from孟老师''s)
- 200g butter
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 90g egg (lightly beaten)
- 300g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 160g choc chips (should add more)
- Cream butter, sugar and vanilla till light and fluffy (abt 4-5 mins)
- Add in egg into a few portions and beat till incorporated.
- Sift in plain flour and baking powder, mix to form a dough.
- Add in chocolate chips and mix thoroughly.
- Use a table spoon, scoop the dough (abt 15g) and drop onto the lined baking pan. Space them 1-2 cm apart.
- Baked at preheat oven at 180*C for 25 mins and leave in oven for another 5 mins. => I think 15-20 mins will do. 25 mins + 5 mins was too long and resutled in drier texture.