Since Christmas till now, I have not been very active in baking and blogging although I had more off days than usual. Instead I had been shopping a lot lately.. my bad spending habit started to relapse and out of control ...Oh gosh!
I had been wanting to bake some cookies for friends during the New Year period but dragged till now. As I'm not a big fan of cookie (except CNY cookies), I don't have good recipe on hand. I don't like cookie too sweet, I also don't like it too soft.
However, if you like something less sweet and not too rich, this cookie might fit you.
Chocolate Chip Cookies (adopted from孟老师''s)
- 200g butter
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 90g egg (lightly beaten)
- 300g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 160g choc chips (should add more)
- Cream butter, sugar and vanilla till light and fluffy (abt 4-5 mins)
- Add in egg into a few portions and beat till incorporated.
- Sift in plain flour and baking powder, mix to form a dough.
- Add in chocolate chips and mix thoroughly.
- Use a table spoon, scoop the dough (abt 15g) and drop onto the lined baking pan. Space them 1-2 cm apart.
- Baked at preheat oven at 180*C for 25 mins and leave in oven for another 5 mins. => I think 15-20 mins will do. 25 mins + 5 mins was too long and resutled in drier texture.