Sunday, November 4, 2012

Pandan Cheese Chiffon Cake

I realized nowadays,  I buy cookbook just to keep as collection, I hardly use the recipes as I don't really trust most of the authors because I hardly have any success unless someone recommended.

Last weekend, when I was reading thru' one of my newly bought cookbook, I was enticed by a Pandan Cheese Cake picture.    It was tempting and therefore, I decided to experiment using my Cream Cheese Chiffon Cake with Choc Chip for the Pandan's.

What I did was to remove the chocolate chip, replace 55g of milk with 40g ofcoconut milk and 15g of pandan juice.  In addition, I added half tsp of pandan paste to enhance its fragrant. 

How was the turnout?  My daughter commented the butter had overpowered and the pandan taste was too light.  From her impression, Pandan chiffon should be very light and fluffy but this texture seemed too dense for Pandan.  Obviously, there is a lot of room to fine tune this recipe. 

Nevertheless, it's a good try  but I'll not post the recipe since I don't think it's worth to keep.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails