Monday, November 5, 2012

Pandan Cheese Chiffon Cake - Finally satisfied

After a failure attempt, I decided to search for another recipe since my last weekend could be fully dedicated to baking.  I managed to find a recipe from Jane's Corner, it looked good and therefore, I decided to give it a shot. 

I was keeping my fingers crossed since I wasn't sure how it would turn out.  From my past experience, because of individual preference, some of the recipes which were deemed as "excellent" didn't fit my taste buds.   

This recipe has lesser butter content and no coconut milk,  I believe it is healthier.  I made a slight change to recipe, I use one tsp of pandan paste plus 2 tsp of pandan juice instead of 10g pandan essence.   In addition, I add one extra egg white.   To my surprise, I was very satisfied of its turnout, it's very light, fluffy and with stronger pandan aroma.  I was glad that the attempt is worth the effort!

If you're tired of plain Pandan Chiffon, you may want to give this a try - Pandan Cheese Chiffon Cake.   Cheer!


Ingredients
  • Group A  - 40g butter, 125g cream cheese, 50g milk
  • Group B - 35g topflour/cakeflour, 15g cornflour, 1/4 tsp salt
  • Group C - 5 egg yolks, 2 tsp panda juice, 1 tsp panda paste
  • Group D - 6 egg white (5 big+1 small), 90g caster suger

Method:
  1. Preheat oven to 160C.
  2. Cook Group A - butter, cream cheese and milk together in heavy duty pot or under double boiler until thicken and let it cool slightly
  3. Add in Group B - both flours and salt, stir till smooth.
  4. Add in Group C-  egg yolk one at a time with pandan juice and paste, whisk well with each addition.  
  5. Use a cake mixer,  whisk Group D - the egg whites till frothy, gradually add in the sugar and whisk till 80% peak form.
  6. Fold in 1/3 of the meringue into the egg yolk mixture until combined.
  7. Repeat the same, fold in the rest of the meringue lightly in 2 portions until well combined.
  8. Pour batter into a 21cm (8") tube pan and bake in a preheated oven at 160*C for 50-55mins.
  9. Remove from oven, invert cake onto table till it cool down.    
  10. Remove cake from pan and serve.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails