After a failure attempt, I decided to search for another recipe since my last weekend could be fully dedicated to baking. I managed to find a recipe from Jane's Corner, it looked good and therefore, I decided to give it a shot.
If you're tired of plain Pandan Chiffon, you may want to give this a try - Pandan Cheese Chiffon Cake. Cheer!
- Group A - 40g butter, 125g cream cheese, 50g milk
- Group B - 35g topflour/cakeflour, 15g cornflour, 1/4 tsp salt
- Group C - 5 egg yolks, 2 tsp panda juice, 1 tsp panda paste
- Group D - 6 egg white (5 big+1 small), 90g caster suger
- Preheat oven to 160C.
- Cook Group A - butter, cream cheese and milk together in heavy duty pot or under double boiler until thicken and let it cool slightly
- Add in Group B - both flours and salt, stir till smooth.
- Add in Group C- egg yolk one at a time with pandan juice and paste, whisk well with each addition.
- Use a cake mixer, whisk Group D - the egg whites till frothy, gradually add in the sugar and whisk till 80% peak form.
- Fold in 1/3 of the meringue into the egg yolk mixture until combined.
- Repeat the same, fold in the rest of the meringue lightly in 2 portions until well combined.
- Pour batter into a 21cm (8") tube pan and bake in a preheated oven at 160*C for 50-55mins.
- Remove from oven, invert cake onto table till it cool down.
- Remove cake from pan and serve.