Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Blueberry Cheese Chiffon Cake -Must try!

Was I crazy about chiffon cake lately as I had been baking chiffon cake  few weeks in a row ?  I think I was.. I suddenly like the combination of chiffon and creamcheese as it gives a light, smoother and creamier texture as compare to pure Chiffon cake.

Each time I opened a cane of Blueberry filling, I have a hard time trying to finish it.  I don't like to keep the leftover for too long as it takes up space in the fridge.  In addition, I tend to forget them after a while and end up have to dump them.

Since I have this left over blueberry filling from my last bake, I decided to try out Cheese Chiffon Cake with Blueberry.  I managed to find a couple of recipes online and adopted the one from Blessed Homemarker but replaced the fresh blueberry with Blueberry filling instead.

For the first bake, I followed her recipe almost to dot, the cake turned out a little wet/ moist, other than that, it's a very delicious cake.  Since I used blueberry filling which contained more liquid, I cut down the milk amount when I did my 2nd bake.  

After this finetune, the bake came out perfectly.  The texture was just right, not too moist, it's very refreshing and not too creamy.  It's really marvelous!  I brought the 2nd cake to my mum's place and shared with my sibling and nieces, they all liked it so much. 

I took a lot of pictures for the first cake but not the 2nd one as  I was too tired to take out my DSLR  again.  I just used my iphone to take a few pictures, you could see the image quality is not very good when it is enlarged.  Anyway, this bake made my day! 


I strongly recommend you to give this recipe a try if you like blueberry.   Here you go. Cheer!


Blueberry Cheese Chiffon Cake Recipe
Ingredients

  • Group (A) - 100g cream cheese, 35g butter, 20g milk
  • Group (B) - 5 large egg yolks
  • Group (C) - 85 top flour, 1 tsp baking powder (sifted),  pinch of salt
  • Group (D) - 6 large egg whites, 90 caster sugar
  • Group (E) - 150g blueberry filling, 1 tbsp lemon juice, 1/2 tsp vanilla paste (premix)
  • ** Make sure the blueberry filling is concentrated, not watery.  If not, cut down to 120g and increase the lemon juice to 2 tbsp.
Method
  1. Preheat oven 170˚C.
  2. Cook (A)  cream cheese, butter and milk over double-boiler until well blended and thickens. Remove from double-boiler and let it cool down.
  3. Add (B) egg yolks into cooled down cheese mixture and mix until well combined.
  4. Fold in (C) flour, baking powder and salt.  Mix well.
  5. Beat (D) egg whites until frothy, add sugar gradually and beat till stiff peaks (abt 3 mins).
  6. Fold 1/3 of the egg whites into cheese mixture, gently with a rubber spatula until just blended. Repeat the same for remaining 2 portions.  
  7. Take 1/3 portion of the batter (plain) out and put aside.
  8. Add (E) blueberry filling, lemon juice and vanilla paste into the 2/3 portion of the batter.
  9. Pour half of Step 8 (blueberry batter) into a 8-inch chiffon cake pan,  then pour in the plain batter from Step 7.  Last cover with the remaining of the blueberry batter from Step 8. Bang the pan on a hard surface to release the bubbles. 
  10. Bake at 170*C for 45-50 mins.
  11. When the cake is cooked, invert the cake to cool. Remove the cake from the cake pan when it is completely cool.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails