Sunday, November 11, 2012

Blueberry Butter Cake

Why weekend flies so fast?  I really enjoy and embrace every moment I have for the weekends, I believe everyone does! Nowadays, I tried to maintain my exercise regime during the weekend as it's important to keep up to a healthy lifestyle.  

Weekend also becomes an opportunity for me to practise photography skill.  After I own a iPhone, I no longer carry a camera around except on a long holiday trip.  I am very satisfied with iPhone performance, beside the image quality, there are  so many apps available which I could enhance the photo quality.   I love it!


Earlier on, I was contemplating whether or not to change to Samsung Note 2 as many of my colleagues did it because of the screen size.  I do agree I like larger screen but somehow, I prefer iPhone's picture quality and I will stick with it.

Exercise and picture taking become my weekend affair these days.  I like to share the pictures with friends and colleagues via facebook.  It's very encouraging when people "like" them.  I tried to dedicate some time for baking during the weekend, somehow, baking becomes lower priority over exercise these days.  It's lucky that I was able to "churn" out one bake this week. It's just a simple cake, i.e. Blueberry Butter Cake.

This butter cake was moist, soft and buttery.  It's not a new recipe, I baked it before.  If you would like to give this recipe a try, here you go ...


Preparation:
-  Preheat oven at 170*C for 15 mins.
- Prepare 1 loaf pan (8"*3") and 1 small loaf pan (6" x 2.5").

Ingredients
- 190g butter
- 150g caster sugar 
- 1 1/2 tsp elmusifer
- 3 eggs (60g each), slight beaten
- 210g cake flour                       } sift together
- 3/4 tsp baking powder      }
- 45g milk                           premix together
- 20g condense milk       ]
- 100g blueberry pie filling 

Method:
  1. Beat butter, sugar and elmusifier on high speed for 5 mins till fluffy and light.
  2. Add eggs into few portions gradually at low speed and mix well.
  3. Fold in flour and baking powder with spatula (if use mixer, pls use the lowest speed) alternate with milks.  Mix till well incorporated.
  4. Pour half of  the batter into greased mould.  Cover with blueberry filling and pour reamaining batter over filling with spatula.  Gently swirl batter for marbeled effect.
  5. Bake at 170*C for 35-40 mins or till cooked.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails