Friday, March 2, 2012

Pandan Coconut Cake

It's Friday night!  TGIF!  What should I do?  Originally, I supposed to attend a conference call at 9pm but just received a reschedule notice to next week.  Sigh!  Always give me such last minute notice else I should have planned something else outside of work.  

 I really don't understand why people can't anticipate meeting reschedule or cancellation in advance, it seems to be a norm these days in my working environment.  I feel so annoyed when I have to wake up early in the morning or stay up late for the call.  I wish they were more considerate :(

Since the call is postponed and I want to keep work off my mind, I think I should take this opportunity to update my blog.  I baked this Pandan Coconut Cake last Sunday as I wanted to get rid of the left over Pandan juice from the Pandan cupcakes.   I wasn't sure whether it's because of me over mixing the batter, the texture seemed dense for this cake.  In addition, it's a bit dry but overall, the taste was good, it's rich and buttery.   If I have a chance to bake again this, I'll make ensure I take care of this detail and not to over bake.  




If you are the butter and Pandan cake lover, I bet you will like this cake. Here you go ...

Pandan Coconut Cake Recipe
(Adopted from Alex Goh, Creative Making of Cakes with slight modification)

Ingredients
  • 160g Butter
  • 120g Sugar (can cut down to 110g)
  • 3 Eggs (lightly beaten)    }
  • 35ml Coconut milk         }  premix together
  • 1.2 tsp Pandan juice      }
  • ¼ tsp Pandan paste      }
  • 144g Cake flour
  • 2/3 tsp Baking powder
  • 15g Corn flour + 1 tsp vanilla essence (Original was Custard powder)
  • 20g Desiccated coconut (bake at 140*C for 8-10 mins)


Topping
  • 30g Butter                  
  • 20g Icing sugar
  • 50g Desiccated coconut


Method:
1. Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
2. Add egg, coconut milk, pandan juice and paste a little at a time and cream till smooth and light.
3. Fold in cake flour, corn flour, baking power, vanilla essence, desiccated coconut and mix till well blended.
4. Pour it into 7” square cake pan
5. Mix all the ingredients of topping and sprinkle on top of the cake.
6. Bake at 175C for 40mins.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails