Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Mango Mascarpone Mousse Cake

A friend of mine complained about her contribution not being appreciated despite she put in so much effort. It's ironic that if your role isn't recognized by the team members, your existence become transparent especially working with a brand new team.

I encountered the same thing before, although I was upset initially, I think I still kept my cool and continued to work with the team. Over time, I managed to gain their respect and recognition. Perhaps, I was more patient or probably I was luckier ... 

Whenever a new colleague joined, I always tried to help them and guide them along if I could. However, please don't expect this from everyone as a lot of people just don't share. People have become very individual and selfish these days. How sad the world is these days!

Enough talk about work! Let's get back to my main subject now.  Since my call has been cancelled and the night is still young, I will update the photo for the cake I baked last weekend.  Stay tuned for the recipe.  Soon to come!    


Updated recipe on Mar 17.
This cake is very light and refreshing but as compare to other mango cheese or cream cake, I prefer the formal recipes. 

Prepare a 8" sponge cake.  Sliced horizontally into 3 layers.


20g Sugar syrup
1 Mango, cut into small cubes.


Filling 

  • 2 1/4 tpsp gelatine powder
  • 4 tpsp water
  • 250g Mascarpone 
  • 45g caster sugar
  • 2 tbsp lemon juice
  • 300g mango puree
  • 150g whipping cream
  • 1 tbsp caster sugar

Prepare Filling:

  1. Soak gelatine in water for 10 mins.  Double boil over low heat until gelatine has dissolved.  Leave to cool.
  2. Beat Mascarpone and sugar at medium speed until creamy.  Add lime juice, mango puree and gelatine mixture, mix well.  Put aside.
  3. Beat whipping cream with sugar until soft peaks from.  Fold 1/3 of cream into Mascarpone mixture, gently fold in remaining cream until just incorporated.
To assemble: 
  1. Place a layer of sponge cake into a loose cake pan, moisten with some sugar syrup. 
  2. Pour 1/5 of filling over sponge cake, scatter into mango cubes and cover with another 1/5 of filling.
  3. Place the second layer of sponge cake on filling, repeat the same as step 2.
  4. Place the last layer of sponge cake on filling, pour remaining filling over and spread evenly.
  5. Fill in fridge for 4 hours before serving.  

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails