Saturday, November 26, 2011

Taiwan, here we come!

I've been missing since my last post, where have I been?    Ha ha .. since after my leisure trip from Taiwan, I had been very slacking with low energy/ motivation level to do anything especially work, guess I still imagine myself having a good time in my holiday.  Thank god for the Thanksgiving festival, most of the US calls/ meetings with the US folks had significantly cut down.  I am glad that I have the luxury to slow down and give myself another break.  Yahoo! 

The free and easy trip to Taiwan was fantastic!  Guess I enjoyed so much so that I wished I could continue my stay there and not to come back.  How nice if I could?  The only disappointment was the weather, Taipei rained most of the days we were there and therefore, we couldn't do much of the outdoor activity.  Luckily, Taipei is a metropolitan city and we could "hide" ourselves in the shopping malls .  

Weather in Nantou wasn't that bad, although there was some days with drizzling rain, it came and stopped.  We were able to explore and enjoy the places after the rain went off.  The only regret was the result of the photo doesn't turn out to our expectation.   

I like Taiwan, not just the place, also their people.  Generally, the people there are very friendly and helpful especially the senior folks.  When they knew that we came from Singapore, they were very excited to welcome us.  

This time I went with my hubby and younger daughter, my elder was not able to make it because of preparing for upcoming exam.  We spent 8 days 7 nights in Taipei and Nantou and definitely we had a wonderful and relaxing holiday - much more than we joined the group tour.  I will share more photos in coming posts.  Stay tuned!

Here is our itinerary:
Day 1 - Singapore to Taipei (Hotel: 懷寧旅店 Keymans hotel)
  • Visited Maokong Gondola 貓空纜車 and Taipei 101 台北101
 Day 2 - Taipei (Hotel: 懷寧旅店 Keymans hotel)
  • Visited Longshan Mengjia Temple  艋舺龍山寺,  filming place of Monga  艋舺 电影拍摄场地,  Xin Beitou新北投,  Taipei Story House 台灣故事館 and The Grand Hotel 圆山大饭店
Day 3 - Taipei to Sun Moon Lake by High Speed Train and Taxi (Hotel: Sun Moon Lake Full House Resort)  Taxi driver:  王浩丞   Tel:  0982-688286/ 0922-868150  email addresss: abab168868@kimo.com
  • Visited Shuishe Jetty 日月潭水社碼頭,  Ita Thao Village伊达 and Syuan Guang Temple 玄光寺-日月潭
Day 4 - Sun Moon Lake 日月潭 (Hotel: Sun Moon Lake Full House Resort)
  • Visited Formosa Aboriginal Culture Village 九族文化村 and Wen Wu Temple 文武廟
 Day 5 - Sun Moon Lake to Cingjing Farm by Taxi (Hotel: Misty Villa 清境雲濛仙境民)
  • Visited Aowanda National Park 奧萬大賞楓專, Old  England Manor 老英格蘭莊園 and Starbuck area
 Day 6 - Cingjing Farm (Hotel: Misty Villa 清境雲濛仙境民)
  • Visited Green Green Grasslands 青青草原 and Swiss Garden 瑞士花园
 Day 7 - Cingjing Farm to Taipei by Taxi and High Speed Rail (Hotel: 懷寧旅店 Keymans hotel)
  • Visited   Hehuansan 合歡山 and  Puli 埔里
Day 8 - Taipei back to Singapore
  • Home sweet home

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails