Monday, October 3, 2011

Happy 75th Birthday!!

My mum was celebrating her 75th birthday last weekend and I again volunteered to bake her a cake .  Since I just returned from a holiday, I wanted something less elaborate and not take up too much of my time.  

I had baked her Mango, Durian and Yam creamcakes before, I think this time round, I should bake a Strawberry Shortcake.  I preferred to buy strawberry that imported from Korea as it's much sweeter but it seems  not a season now. The strawberry that I used were imported from USA, it was quite sour and therefore, the cake didn't turn out as nice as the previous one. 

My mum's birthday celebration is usually simple, basically, we just went for a big meal and had a cake cutting ceremony after that.  Although it's simple, I think it's meaningful as it's the time to meet up with every family members.  

We had a wonderful dinner together and I love you, mum!! 
Happy Birthday and 长命百岁! 

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails