Saturday, September 3, 2011

A Lovely Stroll in Sydney

I've been back from Sydney for a month but yet, I have not been able to find a time to upload the trip's pictures. It's either I was busy with work, baking or other commitment. Since it's a weekend again, both my kids and my hubby are out plus I don't have the mood for baking today (too much baking for the teacher's day and need a break!) , I think I should take this opportunity to get these pictures organized and posted.

If my memory strikes, the last trip was my 8th time in Sydney, of all, once was for leisure, the rest were for business purposes. Frankly speaking, except the trip for holiday, I hardly spent time exploring around Sydney as many a time, I was either lone ranger or schedule was tight. It was such a waste but since I don't enjoy to be alone, there is no point to stay longer.

 

For this recent trip, I asked my hubby to come along since he had a lot of leave to clear. He agreed but only joined me on the last three nights of my stay. During the day time, he would explore the city himself, I would join him for dinner at night and extended one day stay to explore Sydney with him. We booked a local tour on that day and it brought us to couple of places, eg. Blue Mountain, Featherdale Wildlife Park, Jenolan Caves, etc.  Most of the pictures here were taken by him and since quite no. of them were pretty well taken, I shall let the picture to do the talking ...


I enjoyed the night stroll around the Sydney city and the time we spent together hunting for food ...

 

The late winter of Sydney Street had a different kind of beauty with the trees in bare branches ..



 

St. Mary's Cathedral is so majestic with its prominent brick structure...



 

An interesting Sydney city scene... the weather was prefect (15-20*C) when we were there ...




 

We enjoyed walking through The Rocks - the foundation place of Sydney with enormous historical significance. The Rocks Weekend Market was so busy with lots of tourists and locals shoppers ...




Featherdale Wildlife Park was where we could get close to a large variety of Australian Fauna ...





Jenolan Caves with their glittering stalactites and stalagmites in the form of columns and waterfalls were first explored in 1866 and are open to visitors ...



 

Some exciting rides to Blue Mountain ...



 

A very relaxing experience with a breathtaking view of Blue Mountain ..  It's spectacular!




 

It's such a pleasure taking a walkabout in beautiful Darling harbour ...



 

Opera House with its unique shape of a beautiful shell has become a vibrant city of Sydney...



Harbour Bridge climb provides an ultimate experience of Sydney for those who like to challenge their limit...


 

Some foods we enjoyed in Sydney China Town ...

Although it was a very short trip, we indeed had a wonderful time and experience exploring the city together.   I hope I could bring my daughters there next time!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails