Saturday, March 5, 2011

Strawberry Chiffon Cake

I couldn't resist myself from buying another two packs of strawberry because it was on offer.  In fact, I wasn't intent to bake as since returning from Beijing, work seemed to continue to pile up.

With the two packs of strawberry, I actually could make a strawberry shortcake but somehow, beside the demanding work, I felt my energy level had deteriorated.   Strawberry spoils so quickly, by then I realized, I had to throw away more than half a pack.  Since it couldn't be kept any longer, I decided to bake into a chiffon cake as it didn't take up too much of my time.  
How was its turnout?  The texture was fine - soft and moist but  the strawberry didn't seem to bring up its taste.  If I will to bake again, I will add some strawberry essence as I believe the taste will be better enhanced. 

If you don't have a strong taste bud, you may like this cake.   Recipe here you go..

Strawberry Chiffon Cake 
Ingredients:
-          5 eggs yolk
-          90g strawberry puree
-          1 tbsp water
-          ½ tbsp lemon juice
-          1 tsp vanilla essence
-          55g cooking oil
-          Few drop of red food colouring (optional)
-          110g top four (sifted)
-          6 eggs white
-          95g sugar
-          A drop of red food colouring, optional
-          4-5 pieces of strawberry cut into chunks

Method:
1.  Mix egg yolks, strawberry puree, water, lemon juice and vanilla essence together. 
2.  Microwave oil for 20 mins and pour into above egg yolk mixture and drop in few drop of red food colouring.  Mix well.
3. Add in flour and whisk till well combined.
4. Beat eggs white till foamy, add sugar in 3 times into mixture and continue beating until soft peak.
5. Take 1/3 portion of egg white mixture and mix into egg yolk mixture with a hand whisk.  
6. Slowly fold remaining of the egg white mixture, combine well.
8. Add in strawberry chunks, mix well. Pour batter into a chiffon pan.
9. Bake at preheated oven at 160c for 50-55 minutes. Upside down the pan and wait till completely cool, then unmould it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails