Friday, March 11, 2011

No-bake Mango Cheesecake

I really look forward to weekend as I need a break!  These days, I  felt very stressful and tired during the weekdays as it was calls after calls.  I really wish I could go for a holiday to rejuvenate and recharge myself !!           

I hadn't been in office since back from Beijing, I reckoned I should go in to catch up with my colleagues as well as meet up for lunch.   Since hadn't been seeing them for a while, I decided to make a mango cheesecake and let them try.   It's a refreshing dessert per their feedback.  They liked it so much and urged me to share recipe.  Here you go..
 
Recipe modified from Do What I Like.

No-Bake Mango Cheesecake
Ingredients: (Two 6” loose round pan)
Base:
-          100g digestive biscuit crumbs
-          50g melted butter

Filling:
-          250g cream cheese
-          2  tsp lemon juice
-          75g sugar
-          2 tsp rum
-          250g mango puree
-          1 ½ tbsp gelatin
-          3 tbsp boiling water
-          200ml whipping cream (whipped)
-          2 tbsp caster sugar
-          1 mango (cubed)

Mango puree topping:
-          100g mango puree
-          2 tsp gelatin
-          3 tbsp boiling water

Method:
1.  Crush the digestive biscuit using roller pin.  Microwave butter for 20 sec and then stir to combine.  Press onto bottom of the pan.  Freeze for 30 mins.   Put aside.
2. Cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice together till smooth and creamy.  Add in rum and mango puree and mix well.
3. Mix gelatin powder with water and microwave for 20 sec or double boil till resolved.  Keep warm but not hot for use later.
4. Whip whipping cream with 2 tbsp sugar till about 70% stiff or mousse state.
5.  Stir into mango cheese mixture, add in gelatin solution from step 3 and mix till combined. 
6.  Last, stir in the cubed mango pieces and mix well.
7. Pour cheese mixture onto biscuit base and chill for at least an hour. 
8. For the topping, mix gelatin powder with water and microwave for 20 sec. Stir this into mango puree.
9. Pour topping gently onto chilled cheesecake. Chill for at least 3 hours before serving.

Notes:
To obtain a smooth mirror like mango puree topping, please strain the mango puree mixture.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails