Friday, March 25, 2011

Mango Light Cheesecake

I can't believe how fast time flies, again, another weekend is coming!  Although I welcome the weekend, I am feared with the speed the time passes, it's so scary!! Thank god for Friday, enough for all the con-calls, how exhausted I am,  my head is spinning.  I need a break,  I want an escape!!   Hope I can have a peaceful and relaxing weekend!

Lately, mango was on sales.  Since there were still a few in the fridge and no taker, I decided to use it for baking.   I modified a recipe of passion fruit cheesecake into this.  I regret of setting the oven temperature per recipe, I should have known well of my oven behavior.  If you look at the photo here, you can image how black my face was :(

Luckily, the cake still tastes good but the mango fragrant is very mild despite double dose of mango puree was added.  In addition, I think this cake is slightly damp.  If I will to bake again, I will cut down the water and replace more mango puree.  Anyway, it's a good try!

Ingredient (One 6" Round and One 7" springform or loss base tins)
-          200g creamcheese 
-          180g mango puree
-          80g water                 } premix
-          80g cake flour          }
-          5 egg yolks
-          5 egg whites
-          90g caster sugar

Method:
  1. Double boil creamcheese and stir till smooth.  
  2. Add in mango puree and mix well. 
  3. In another bowl, premix water and flour till even and then stir into cheese mixture (step 2).
  4. When mixture thickens, remove from fire and continue to stir till mixture is smooth and its temperature comes down.
  5. Add in egg yolk, one at a time and mix well after each addition.  Put aside.
  6. Whisk egg whites at medium speed, add sugar into few times and beat till 70% stiff.
  7. Fold 1/3 of the egg whites into the cheese mixture (step 5), gentlely mix well. Repeat the same for remaining egg whites.
  8. Pour into the prepared pan and bake in water bath in a preheated oven at 160*C for 60 -90 mins. ( I use 180*C for 15 mins and 160*C for 70 mins)
  9. Leave the cake to cool.  Remove the cake from pan and chill in fridge for 4-5 hours before serving.   

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails