Friday, February 18, 2011
Although there was a lot of happening lately, I wasn't eager to post anything on blog. Is my interest in blogging has come down significantly? Yes, it does. I guess life was more eventful than before, not just blogging and baking (beside working). In order not to abandon my blog for too long, I think I should post something this week else I can only do it after the return from a business trip.
Without baking, what actually I did during Chinese New Year period? Thinking back, I did a lot more Lou Hei as compare to last year. Definitely, I have overindulged (very sinful). Although I didn't capture all the people and moment, those time together were certainly fun and the moments will be cherished. Catch a glimpse of the joyous faces and moments here ..
Lou Hei with Extended Family ...
Lou Hei with with my hubby's colleagues ...
Cheer for the Chingay 2011
Loi Hei with My Present and Ex-Colleagues ..
Simple Valentine lunch with Hubby. Was so touched of the surprise gift from my daughter ..
Get-together Dinner with Family
Sunday, February 6, 2011
For those who celeberate CNY festival, I believe you were busy with visiting and eating in past few days, that happens to me as well, too much sinful good food and cookies, and now, it's time to put some control on diet so as to shed off the extra "spare tyre". However, given that CNY is going to last till 15th day, this becomes quite challenging as there are still some more meals lining up...that's why it's always easy to say than action :(
Glad that all the old friends and relatives that I met during the CNY period were all fine and well. Although time flies and we age, most of them didn't change much, except some put on a bit of weight. That's good as it means that we are more conscious about outlook and try to keep fit and look good.
Beside the cookies, I baked this cheesecake stick for the guest who visited my mum-in-law, it's was my first attempt trying this recipe and I was quite worried if it didn't turn out good. This is quite light, therefore, it's good to serve after meal or as a dessert for friend gathering. Although it did please the guest, it didn't make to my mark as I expected it to be more solid and richer, this was way too light.
If you are keen on trying this out, here you go...
Cheesecake Stick recipe
(recipe from 美味糕點新主張)
- 200g Digestive Biscuits (crushed)
- 100g butter
- 500g cream cheese (room temperature)
- 100g caster sugar
- 160g egg (beaten)
- 180g sour cream
- 80g (dairy) Whipping cream
- 1 tsp chocolate powder (sift)
- 1 tsp hot water
- Prepare one 35cm*25cm low baking tray, base lined with baking paper
- Crush digestive biscuits
- Microwave butter for 25 sec till melt and mix with biscuits crumbs. Mix well. Press the biscuits onto the baking tray and chill in fridge for later usage.
- Remove cream cheese from fridge and leave it outside for 30 mins, add in sugar and stir under double boiler till smooth.
- Stir in beaten egg bit by bit, add in sour cream and whipping cream. Mix till smooth and well combined. Set aside
- Add hot water to cocoa powder and mix till dissolved. Take 1 tsp of cream cheese mixture from step 3 and mix together. Fill into a piping bag. Set aside.
- Remove biscuit base from fridge and and pour cream cheese mixture over and spread evenly.
- Cut a small hole on the piping bag, and draw with lines. Use chopstick to draw irregular pattern to create marble effect.
- Use chopstick to draw irregular pattern to create a marble effect
- Water bath at 170*C for 20 mins and then lower to 140*C for another 20-25 mins or until centre is almost set.
- Remove cake from oven, leave it outside till cook and then chill in the fridge for 3 hours before unmould and and cutting into stripe.
Wednesday, February 2, 2011
Finally, I have done all the new year baking and dressed up my house. Phew! I'm now ready for the new year tomorrow!
Since last year, we have settled our reunion dinner outside , this helps to relieve a lot of work and stress from everyone as we no longer need to scramble around for all the dishes but the flip side is the atmosphere will not be as great as eating at home. Well, it's hard to get both!
Before heading to the restaurant for reunion dinner, I would like to take this opportunity to send an early greeting to everyone!
Wishing you a Happy Rabbit Year!