I was a bit disappointed of its turn out as it's nothing special, very ordinary. I think I will give it a miss next year and give another new recipe a chance.
Mocha Chocolate Rice Cookies
- 180g butter
- 80g icing sugar
- 1/2 egg
- 1 tsp each of instance coffee and chocolate powder dissolved in 1 tbsp hot water
- 280g plain flour } sift together
- 1/2 tsp baking powder }
- 70g chocolate rice
- A little beaten egg mixed with some drop of oil and water
- Some chocolate chips for topping
1. Cream butter until light and fluffy (3-5 mins). Add egg and beat well. Add in mocha mixture and stir well
2. Fold in sifted flour and stir well. Add in chocolate rice and mix into dough.
3. Roll dough in between 2 sheets of plastic till 1 cm thick, cut into desired sharp using cookies cutter and place onto baking try. Glaze with beaten egg and press a chocolate chip in the centre for decoration
4. Bake in a preheated oven at 160*C for 18*C. Remove and leave to cool before serving or storing.
** the chocolate chip will take a while to harden. I have to chill the cookies in fridge for 2-3 mins before storing.