Monday, January 31, 2011

CNY Cornflake Cookies

 
Finally, it's my last cookie bake this year!  The cornflake cookies was in my to-do list last year but had no time for it since and I was to ambitious to churn out too many types of cookies last year.  I decided to make an attempt to bake it this year after I saw this post.  

I didn't make a full recipe since I wasn't sure how it would turn out.  Since I only used one block (250g) of butter,  I cut down the rest of the ingredients accordingly.  I didn't expect this cookie took a much longer time than expect, I thought I could finish within 1.5 hrs but end up, it took me more than 2 hours. I think the process of letting the dough to set has taken up 20 to 25 mins.  This step is very crucial  else it's too difficult to handle.

Despite the tediousness, I am very pleased with the result.  This cookie is really very yummy,  it is very crunchy, buttery and not too sweet.  I believe it'll be a big hit among the kids.  Since I didn't bake a lot and my daughter likes it so much, I decided to keep one jar at home and give the remaining jar to my mum-in-law.

Trust me, this is highly recommended as it's really yummy!  It's very addictive as well. 

Cheer!  Happy Baking!

Cornflake Cookies Recipe( Recipe adopted from No-fills recipes)

Ingredients:

  • 250g butter
  • 165g caster sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 65g crushed cornflakes
  • 3/4 tsp vanilla essence
  • 310g plain flour               }sift together
  • 1tbsp baking powder     }
  • A pinch of salt                  }
  • 180-200g lightly crushed cornflakes for coating

Method:
1.    Cream  the butter and sugar till light and fluffy (3 mins)
2.    Add in the eggs, vanilla, mix well.
3.    Fold in sifted flour, baking powder and salt and then add in crushed cornflakes.
4.    Chill the batter in the fridge for about 20-25 mins.
5.    Lightly roll them into balls and coat them with the crushed cornflakes.
6.    Place them onto paper lined baking trays, about 1 inch apart.
7.    Bake in a preheated oven at 180*C  for about 20-22 mins., or till light golden brown.
8.    Let them cool on the  baking tray for about 30 mins  before storing in air-tight container.
9.    Makes 80-90 cookies.


** 180*C is the oven setting.  The inner temperature is about 170-175*C. 

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails