Sunday, December 5, 2010

Yogurt Chocolate Cupcake - Take 2

Since both of my daughters enjoyed eating this Yogurt Chocolate Cupcake,  I decided to bake another batch for my nephews and nieces.  Instead of using cupcake cases, I used the muffin baking cups this time.  Although this cupcake photo appears much nicer than the formal, it cracks at the top and looks more like a muffin.

I double up the portion and added 40g of chocolate rice this round.  It tastes more chocolaty and sweeter than the previous batch.  I think I still prefer the previous' but my younger daughter thinks both are good.  

Here you go.. Recipe for 12 Yogurt Chocolate cupcakes:
 
Preparation:
- Sift flour, baking powder and cocoa powder in bowl.
- Preheat oven at 170*C for 15 mins.

Ingredients:
-  160g butter
-  90g caster sugar
- 60g egg (1 large egg)
- 100g Yogurt
-  1 tbsp condense milk (mix with 1tsp water)
- 160g cake flour                 } sift together
- 1/4 tsp baking soda        }
- 30g cocoa powder          }
- 40g chocolate rice (I will omit or replace with nut in next bake)
-   Some walnuts for topping or mix with the batter if desired.

Method:
1.      Cream butter and sugar till smooth (abt 5 mins)
2.      Add egg and yogurt into a few times and beat at high speed (abt 3 mins).
3.      Add in condense milk and  fold in dry ingredients (flour, baking soda and cocoa  powder) and chocolate rice/ chip (if desired).   Mix well
4.      Spoon batter into 12 cupcake cases till 3/4 full.  Top with a walnut each for decor if desired.
5.      Bake at 170*C for 20-25 mins or until skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails