Since both of my daughters enjoyed eating this Yogurt Chocolate Cupcake, I decided to bake another batch for my nephews and nieces. Instead of using cupcake cases, I used the muffin baking cups this time. Although this cupcake photo appears much nicer than the formal, it cracks at the top and looks more like a muffin.
I double up the portion and added 40g of chocolate rice this round. It tastes more chocolaty and sweeter than the previous batch. I think I still prefer the previous' but my younger daughter thinks both are good.
Here you go.. Recipe for 12 Yogurt Chocolate cupcakes:
- Sift flour, baking powder and cocoa powder in bowl.
- Preheat oven at 170*C for 15 mins.
- 160g butter
- 90g caster sugar
- 60g egg (1 large egg)
- 100g Yogurt
- 1 tbsp condense milk (mix with 1tsp water)
- 160g cake flour } sift together
- 1/4 tsp baking soda }
- 30g cocoa powder }
- 40g chocolate rice (I will omit or replace with nut in next bake)
- Some walnuts for topping or mix with the batter if desired.
1. Cream butter and sugar till smooth (abt 5 mins)
2. Add egg and yogurt into a few times and beat at high speed (abt 3 mins).
3. Add in condense milk and fold in dry ingredients (flour, baking soda and cocoa powder) and chocolate rice/ chip (if desired). Mix well
4. Spoon batter into 12 cupcake cases till 3/4 full. Top with a walnut each for decor if desired.
5. Bake at 170*C for 20-25 mins or until skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.