Sunday, December 19, 2010

Soufflé Cocoa Cupcake

I attended a colleague's wedding dinner yesterday and met up with some ex-colleagues.  From one of the conversation, I got to know one of my very old colleagues suffered with stroke lately and she was on medical leave for a couple of months.  Her condition is quite serious and now has to go for an extended leave. It's quite sad to hear about her unfortunate.

I know this colleague more than 15 years, she was my senior during my early day of the working.  After leaving that company, we had no contact till 5 years ago I met her in one of the company meeting.  We were surprised to know the world is so small, we are in the same company again.    I remembered the last time I spoke with her was in Apr/May this year.  I couldn't believe this had happened.  Life is so fragile and unpredictable ...

This is the 2nd bad news I heard this week.  Fortunately, this colleague is in her recovering stage.  Hope she will get well soon!    With the X'mas festive season coming, I would like to wish everyone good health, happiness , prosperity and a Merry Christmas!

Below is the recipe of the Soufflé Cocoa Cupcake which I would like to share here.. it's moist, spongy and chocolaty.    

Recipe modified from 孟老100小蛋糕. This recipe can make 6 cupcakes. 

Ingredients:
-          70g egg yolk
-          50g egg
-          20g caster sugar          
-          40g top flour                } sift together
-          35g cocoa powder        }
-          120g egg whites
-          80g caster sugar

Method:
1.      Beat egg yolk, eggs with sugar together at high speed  till color turns pale (about 2-3 mins).
2.      Sift in flour and cocoa powder, continue to beat till smooth.   Set aside.
3.      In another mixing bowl, beat egg whites at high speed till bubbly stage and then add in sugar, continue to beat till 90% peak/ stiff. (about 2 mins).  
4.      Take 1/3 of egg white mixture fold into cocoa mixture in step 2 using spatula.
5.      Follow by folding in the rest of whites till finished.
6.      Scope the batter into cupcake case up to 80% filled.
7.      Bake at 180*C for 25-30 mins.

** Please do not cut down sugar, else it’ll be bitter.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails