I like the konnyaku jelly texture as it's chewy. Normally, after I cook the jelly, I will throw in some canned longan or cocktail fruits. As it tastes so refreshing, I can never stop at one.
I recalled one of my baking friends recommended me the Ribena flavored Konnyaku Jelly before, however, I barely recalled the portion of the Ribena to add in. Since I wasn't sure the proportion, I decided to search for a recipe online.
I finally decided to adopt the recipe from Blessed Homemarker with slight modification. Overall, the jelly turns out very tasty but I think I could further increase the Ribena for another 30ml since I prefer a stronger taste.
Here you go.. Ribena Konnyaku Jelly recipe
- 1packet Konnyaku Jelly Powder (10g)
- 120g Caster Sugar
- 700ml Water
- 120ml Ribena blackcurrant juice(can increase to 150ml )
- 1/2 tsp kiwi seeds
- Soak kiwi seeds for 20 mins. Drain off water. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix konnayku powder and caster sugar together.
- In a medium pot, bring water to boil. Pour the konnyaku mixture into water gradually and stir till sugar dissolved.
- Pour in kiwi seeds and stir mix well.
- Turn off flame and keep stirring till the bubbles dissipates and the mixture becomes clear.
- When the mixture is slightly cooled, add Ribena and stir well.
- Pour the Konnyaku solution into the moulds.
- Leave to cool and chill in fridge before serving.