Saturday, December 18, 2010

Ribena Konnyaku Jelly

 
I like the konnyaku jelly texture as it's chewy.  Normally, after I cook the jelly, I will throw in some canned longan or cocktail fruits.  As it tastes so refreshing, I can never stop at one. 
 
I recalled one of my baking friends recommended me the Ribena flavored Konnyaku Jelly before, however, I barely recalled the portion of the Ribena to add in.  Since I wasn't sure the proportion, I decided to search for a recipe online.  

I finally decided to adopt the recipe from  Blessed Homemarker with slight modification.   Overall, the jelly turns out very tasty but I think I could further increase the Ribena for another 30ml since I prefer a stronger taste.  

Here you go..  Ribena Konnyaku Jelly recipe

Ingredients
  •   1packet Konnyaku Jelly Powder  (10g)
  • 120g Caster Sugar
  • 700ml Water
  • 120ml Ribena blackcurrant juice(can increase to 150ml )
  • 1/2 tsp kiwi seeds
Method
  1.  Soak kiwi seeds for 20 mins.  Drain off water. Set aside.
  2. In a small bowl, mix konnayku powder and caster sugar together. 
  3. In a medium pot, bring water to boil.  Pour the konnyaku mixture into water gradually and stir till sugar dissolved.
  4. Pour in kiwi seeds and stir mix well.
  5. Turn off flame and keep stirring till the bubbles dissipates and the mixture becomes clear.
  6. When the mixture is slightly cooled, add Ribena and stir well.
  7. Pour the Konnyaku solution into the moulds.
  8. Leave to cool and chill in fridge before serving.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails