Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Mango Pudding

I picked up some mangos from supermarket last weekend as my initial plan was to bake a mango cream cake or mango cheesecakse but I was too lazy with thing that had some degrees of difficulty and therefore, I decided to go for mango pudding instead.  No baking needed!

 
I adopted the recipe from Baking Mum as based on her review, this pudding could compete with  those served at the Tim Sum restaurant.   As the mango I used wasn't sweet, I decided not to cut down the sugar but added abt 1 tsp of lemon juice.

How is the turn out?  I think it's too creamy, milky and soft for me.  I prefer something that is less creamy but a bit "springy".  Regret that this recipe doesn't really fit my bill, however, both my daughters and maid are fine with it.  Anyway, it's a good try!

 This recipe can make 10-12 cups.   If you're interested, please pop in to Baking Mum's blog for recipe.

Afternote:  My elder daughter suggested to sprinkle 1/2 tbsp of evaporated milk on it when eating, I realized that it tasted so much better after that.   My hubby totally agreed :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails