Again, this is a recipe from 孟老师的100道小蛋糕 but with a slight modification. I reduced the amount of coffee powder and replaced with cocoa powder in addition to adding extra 20-30g of chopped macadamia nuts to the batter.
Don't expect this is a moist cake, the texture of it is quite unique, it's dry, powdery but melt in your mouth. It tastes more like eating cookie than cake but not hard. I would say this cake is very tasty and not too rich.
If you are a coffee lover, I bet you will like it.
Here you go.. Recipe for Coffee Condensed Milk Cake. This recipe can make 2 x 4" or 1 x 6" tube pan.
- 20g macadamia nuts (toasted)
- 5g brown sugar
- 80g butter (softened)
- 80g cake flour } sifted
- ¼ baking powder }
- 30g eggs
- 10g caster sugar
- 50g condense milk
- 1 ½ tsp coffee powder
- ¾ tsp cocoa powder
- 20g macadamia nuts (toasted & chopped)
1. Grease baking pan with butter, sprinkle with brown sugar and line with macadamia nuts.
2. Beat butter till smooth at low speed (about 2 mins), add in flour and baking powder and mix well. Change to high speed and beat till smooth batter ( about 30 sec).
3. Add in egg, sugar, milk, coffee & cocoa powder one at a time , continue to beat at high speed till well combined (about 30 sec- 1 min).
4. Pour batter into prepared baking pan and level the top.
5. Bake at 180*C for 25 -30 mins.