Since this is my first attempt, the turnout is quite satisfactory (in fact, I didn't follow the recipe strictly). It's quite delicious although a bit at the dry side (I think I must have forgotten to add the 1 tbsp of fresh cream), I would say it's about 75% close to the one serving in the Coffee Club cafe. If I will go for another attempt, I should not short cut but will add more chicken meat (since my daughters prefer more meat) ...In addition, I should buy some individual baking dishes so that each will have its own serving.
If you are interested in giving this recipe a try, here you go...
Chicken Shepherd's Pie Recipe
- 5g butter, 50g Onion (chopped), 15g Garlic (chopped)
- 250g Chicken meat (diced), 70g mushrooms (sliced), 120g mixed vegetables
** I double up the chicken meat and mushrooms and omitted the vegetables**
- 100g fresh milk (I used whipping cream), 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder, 1 tsp chicken powder, 1/2 tsp pepper, 4 slices cheese, 1 tsp sugar
** I used whipping cream, cut down cinnamon powder **
Ingreditents D (mix to a batter)
- 1tsp flour, 1 tbsp water
- 750g Potato (skinned, cut inot small pieces)
- 75g cheese (grated), 1 tsp chicken powder, 1/4 tsp pepper, 1 tbsp fresh cream
- 75g cheddar cheese
- Melt butter over medium flame, saute chopped onion and garlic together
- Add ingredients B and stir fry to semi-cooked. add in ingredients C and cook till thicken.
- Add batter to further thicken the mixture, dish ito a 20cm square bowl, set aside.
- Place potato into a pot with 1 tsp salt and enough water, cook till soften (abt 30 mins). Drain the water, place into a mixer while hot, add ingredients F. Blend well to form potota mash, dish up and cover over prepared fillings.
- Lay shredded cheddar cheese onto potato mash. Bake at 220 degrees in pre-heated oven for 15 mis till golden brown.