Friday, December 3, 2010

Brownie Marble Cheesecake

I had been eying this Brownie Marble Cheesecake recipe for some time but didn't make an effort to do it.   Since I had a box of creamcheese expiring soon, it gave me a push to try out.

I tried to follow the recipe strictly,  for the brownie layer, I baked for 20 mins at 175*C, however, after 15 mins, I realized it's already overbaked.  I had to quickly remove it from the oven.  Other than that, this recipe was pretty straight forward, I didn't experience any surprises during the baking.

Because the bottom layer had been overbaked, somehow, it tasted more like shortbread  than brownie.  My family also complained that cheesecake layer was too sourish, I did have the same comment.   I think somehow yogurt doesn't blend very well with cheesecake or probably the amount is too much, I think lemon may be a better choice.    Since this recipe doesn't turn out well,  I don't think it's worth to share.  I will take this as another lesson learned! 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails