Sunday, December 5, 2010

Almond Cake

Time flies ... year end is approaching and soon we will be bidding farewell to 2010!  Since returning from Korea, I had been feeling a struggle with work as there was an increasing of issues and conference calls due to closer to the project rollout schedules.  After two to three weeks of concerted effort, although there are still issues outstanding,  I am glad that I am in better shape  and able to divert some focus  for my baking.   

 
I came cross this recipe from one of the cookbooks I have and since I still have some left over ground almond since Chinese New Year, I decided to try this out.   

The verdict: Overall, this cake is so so.  I don't really like the cake texture as it's quite rough and dry.  As I didn't use Golden Churn butter this round, the cake doesn't taste as fragrant as other cakes.

Anyway, if you are interested in Almond cake, here is the recipe for sharing:

Preparation:
- Prepare one 3.5" x8" loaf pan lined with baking paper.
- Preheat oven at 175*C for 15 mins.

Ingredients:
- 2 eggs (60 g each)
- 70g sugar
- 85g top flour                                } sift together
-1/2 tsp baking powder              }
- 50g ground almond                  }
- 120g melted butter
-40g almond flakes

Method:
  1. Whisk eggs and sugar till light and fluffy at high speed (abt 3 mins)
  2. Fold in top flour, baking powder and ground almond and mix evenly.
  3. Stir in melted butter and mix till incorporated.
  4. Pour into 3.5"x 8" loaf pan and sprinkle with almond flakes.
  5. Bake at 175*C for 30 mins.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails