Sunday, November 28, 2010

My Korea Autumn Trip (Part 1)

It was both a great holiday and wonderful experience during my recent trip to Korea in late Oct.  I would say I was very satisfied with everything during the trip, weather was perfect, the autumn foliage was breathtaking, service from the tour guide was excellent, the itinerary was interesting, etc.  Glad that I have made the right choice!

I visited Korea once in 2002 but had a bad experience with their food previously.  To prepare for this trip,  I brought some instant noodles and biscuits hopping to satisfy my hunger if needed. However, to my surprise, Korea has improved their tourism services so much over the year, the food was unexpectedly delicious!  

Here are some collections of memories during my trip to share.
Songan Sunrise Peaks is an extinct volcanic crater on the eastern tip of Jeju island.   It was a good morning exercise for us as we had to climb about 300 steps before reaching the tip.  Although we were almost worn out when we reached,  the effort was definitely worth it as the view was so spectacular!  The weather was fantastic, the sky was so blue and clear, the air was so fresh!


O'Sulloc Green Tea Museum allowed us to experience Korea tea culture and see displays related to tea and tea related tools.  My daughter and I indulged in their green tea swiss roll and ice cream as they tasted great!  The green tea plantation was so neat and greenish which made us feel so relaxed. 

Song-up Folk Village had a lot of thatched roof houses with stone and clay walls in which we were told that many villagers still live there.  A brief introduction of their culture was provided by the tour guide there and from her, we realized that the houses had no doors and  it's a safe place under protection.  Understand that this place was also the filming site  for 大长今.  Wow, my favorite Korean drama!

Horse Riding had been a memorable and fun experience for us!  We never thought we could ride the horse without someone bridling it.  No doubt it's quite thrilling for us as the horse trotted pretty fast especially most of us weren't an experience rider,  I could tell everyone enjoyed the game!  My daughter wanted a second round, unfortunately, only one chance was given.  Shame that it was my first horse riding experience!


Lotte Windmill was a beautiful place for photo taking, however, it was under direct sunlight during the evening, the photo wasn't turned out as nice as expected.
 

Teddy Bear Museum is a place where we can see different types of teddy bears in collection including the smallest which is at 4.5mm to the most expensive "LV bear". I believe most kids will like to cuddle teddy bear and they will like to bring one home. Fortunately, my daughter has outgrown them. The number of teddy bears they have collected here is astounding.
  

Yong-in Everland supposed to be the biggest theme park in South Korea and the Korean version of Disneyland.  Since visited couple of Disneyland and Universal theme parks in other countries, I didn't have the excitment of looking forward to it.  Nothing surprising me, there wasn't much changes since the last time I visited.  The park looked pretty old and I think it warrants an upgrade.  Since my family wasn't keen in thrilling games, we only watched a 3D show but with some disappointment as nothing can compete with Universal studio or Disneyland.  We spent more time on photo taking rather than trying the exciting rides.
 
 

Yong Pyong Resort is the most popular ski resort in Korea and held quite a couple of the international events before.  If you're the fan of Winter Sonata, I believe you will be excited to see the place with the setting of the staring actors, Bae Yong-jun  and Choi Jiwoo everywhere. We supposed to take cable ride to the mountain but didn't make it as it was under maintenance and not operating that day.  So unlucky!


East Sea Train Ride provided us a romantic ride along the beautiful seashore with fascinating sight and scenery of the  sparking blue sea. We couldn't wait for the train to stop to enjoy the cool sea breeze and beautiful beach...

To be continued ...stay tuned!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails