Saturday, November 20, 2010

Moist Chocolate Cupcake

Since returning from Korea, I was so tied up with catching up the accumulated backlog of office work after vacation, I felt so fatigue and tired.  It has taken me two weeks to recover, this seems to take longer than expected as normally,  a week or lesser was sufficient.  I have to admit age is catching up, I'm no longer young with full of energy like before :(

Away from work is always a nice and happiest thing but it's so painful after back and having to face the "reality".  I really wish I could retire now so that I don't need to worry about work after returning from  break,  I can totally slow down and relax ...   However, I guess such dream can only come through after both of my daughters become independent.    This, at least,  will take another 10 years or longer.   It'll be a long wait ...

Since abandoning my baking for a while, I had finally returned to my kitchen and started to explore new recipe again. I came across another Moist Chocolate Cupcake recipe which was posted by Amy of Cooking Crave, she commended so much about it and agreed with its name  of "A Must Try", this caught my attention and pushed me to give this recipe a shot. 

This indeed is a good recipe.  It's chocolaty, moist and soft.   Yummy!  I prefer it without icing as the cake itself is already very rich.  For me, this recipe is just nice to make 12 cupcakes.  Probably, I use a bigger case. 

Ingredients: (Makes 12-18 cupcakes depending cupcake case size)
  • 100g Butter, softened
  • 200g Sugar
  • 2 Eggs (lightly beaten)
  • 3/4 tsp Vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup milk (125ml)    } premix together
  • 1 tsp Baking soda          }
  • 110g Boiling water (with 1 tsp Nescafe Classic Instant Coffee powder)
  • 190g Flour                                 }
  • 1/4 tsp Salt                                 } sift together
  • 3 tsp Baking powder                  }
  • 40g Cocoa powder                     }
  • 60g Semi Sweet Chocolate Chip
 Preparation:
- Sift flour, salt, baking powder and cocoa powder in bowl.
-  Dissolve baking soda in milk.
- Preheat oven ta 160*C for 15 mins.

 Method:
  1. Cream butter and sugar until light. Add essence and eggs, continue beating.
  2. Add in the rest of the ingredients (milk, coffee liquid and flour ingredients), mix till smooth.
  3. Pour in chocolate chip and mix well.
  4. Spoon batter into cupcake cases to 3/4 full.
  5. Bake in a preheated oven at 160C for about 20 -25 mins or until skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails