Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Cupcake

I noticed that Bakericious posted the Chocolate Chips Sour Cream Marble Cake recipe yesterday and since I was looking for a recipe which could use up the remaining sour cream after the Blueberry Cheesecake bake, I decided to go for it.

Instead of baking a whole cake, I decided to bake into cupcake since this bake was for my younger daughter to bring to her school to share with her classmates.   Cupcake is easier for give away.  

I used Hershey's cocoa power instead of Valrohna since that was what I had.  I also cut down half of the amount for the Chocolate Paste as I prefer less chocolaty.   I baked half of the recipe amount since that was what I had for the sour cream. Since it's a cupcake, the baking time was reduced to 20 mins instead.

From my view, I can cut down the sugar further as it's still too sweet for me, however, the kids love it.  Overall, this recipe is a keeper for kids.  

Below is the amount of the ingredient I used to bake 9 cupcakes at 175*C.  Pls refer to Bakericious post for the method.

Ingredients :
Chocolate Paste
  • 1 tbsp cocoa powder 
  •  1 tbsp hot water
  • 1/2 tsp condense milk

Cake Batter
  • 105g butter,
  • 130g caster sugar (can further cut to 125g )
  • 2 medium eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract 
  • 90g sour cream 
  • 175g all purpose flour 
  • 1 tsp baking powder 
  • 1/6 tsp baking soda 
  • 1/4 tsp salt  
  • 40g chocolate chips

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails