Saw this recipe from Peng's Kitchen, I was enticed by the good recommendation. Since I had some left over evaporated milk, this just came in time :)
Since I didn't have Valrhona cocoa powder, I just used the Hershey's brand which is easily available in any Supermart. I used water bath instead as I believe it should achieve the same result.
This recipe is really a good keeper, it's so tasty, soft and of course moist. In fact, I prefer to eat without frosting as the cake itself is already very delicious. Thumbs up!
- Lined and grease a 3" x 11" loaf pan.
- Preheat oven at 170*C for at least 15 mins.
- 94g butter
- 125ml evaporated milk
- 1.2 eggs, lightly beaten (60g)
- 1/3 tsp vanilla essence
- 78g plain flour }
- 43g cocoa powder } sift together
- 1/3 tsp baking powder }
- 1/3 tsp baking soda }
- 105g caster sugar
- Microwave butter for 20 sec or till melted. Then, add in milk and microwave for another 20 sec. Let it cool down slightly.
- Add in beaten eggs and vanilla essence. Mix well.
- In another mixing bowl, sift flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda together and stir in sugar.
- Pour in egg mixture from step 2 over flour ingredients and stir till smooth. (don't over mix).
- Pour the batter into prepared pan and bake with water bath at 170*C for 30 mins or till cooked.
- Cool the cake in pan before turning out for frosting.
For frosting, pls refer to Peng's instruction. Pls remember to reduce the amount by 40% or half.