Friday, October 29, 2010

Blueberry Light Cheesecake

This recipe is modified from one of " 孟老师  " cookbook.  I have a problem typing in Chinese characters as I don't know han yi pin yin.  All the Chinese words in my blog are copied and pasted from translator.  How handicap am I!

As there was quite a bit of changes made to this recipe, I wasn't confident that the cake would taste well. I was keeping my fingers crossed all the time till the cake was out from oven.

Phew! It seemed that I had better luck lately, I was quite pleased with my last few bakes including this one.  The richness of this cheesecake was just perfect, it's not too light and too rich, the blueberry filling had added extra kick to it and made this cake so tasty and refreshing :)

 Here you go..   Blueberry Light Cheesecake Recipe.  Hope you like it.

Preparation: 
- 6” baking pan lined with baking paper

Base Ingredients:
- 35g butter ( microwave for 20 mins till melted)
- 100g Oreo cookie (crushed)

Method: 
-  Mix melted butter and Oreo together and pour into loose base pan and press evenly.

Filling Ingredients:
- 110g cream cheese
 
- 30g butter  
- 15g caster sugar  
- 25g egg yolk  
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 25g cake flour

- ½ tsp lemon zest

- 50g egg whites

- 15g caster sugar 

- 50g blueberry filling
 

Method:
1. Beat butter and creamcheese till smooth, add in sugar and mix at low speed.

2. Blend in egg yolk, lemon juice and flour one at a time at low speed and last add in lemon zest and mix at low speed. Mix well.

3. In a separate bowl, beat egg whites till foamy and then add in sugar. Continue to beat till stiff.

4. Take 1/3 of egg white, fold into batter (in step 2) with a balloon whisk and mix slightly.

5. Fold in remaining egg white, whisk gently till combined.

6. Spread a layer of blueberry filling cover the base.

7. Pour batter into baking pan
and water bake at 150*C for 60 min. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails