Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sour Cream Chocolate Cake

 
 I didn't intend to do anything baking this week since I was very busy with attending workshop remotely after returning from Germany.  I supposed to work on Europe hour  but since I had been back in Singapore and there were other conference calls,  I tended to start work in the morning and then continued on Europe hour till the workshop ended which normally  past midnight (1am).   It's indeed a long long day, luckily, only 3 days,  else ...:(

I baked this sour cream chocolate cake just because I wanted to clear the stock I bought prior to my Germany trip.   If I don't clear it today, I will have no chance to bake since I'm leaving tonight to Japan for a short break.  This is a simple cake, it only took me 30 mins for preparation and the rest is to leave it to the oven. It's surprising that it turns out very tasty.  Not a bad choice!

Recipe, her you go..

Sour Cream Chocolate Cake Recipe:
Ingredients:
- 200g butter
- 210g sugar
- 1/4 vanilla essence
- 4 eggs
- 250g sour cream
- 1/2 tbsp instan coffee powder   }
- 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder             } premix together
- 2 tbsp boiling water                  }
- 150g dark chocolate  (melted)              
- some chopped almond or hazel nuts
- 300g flour                                 }
- 1/4 tsp baking powder         } sift together
- 1/4 tsp baking soda              }

Method:
1.  Cream butter and sugar at medium speed until light and fluffy (about 8 mins). 
2.  Add vanilla essence and mix well.
3.  Add eggs one at a time and cream till smooth.  
4.  Add in sour cream, premix coffee mixture, chocolate and nuts, mix till well blended.
5.  Lastly add in sifted dry ingredients (flour, baking powder and soda), mix at low speed till well incorporated.  (don't over mix)
6.  Pour batter into 8" cake pan (or two 6").  Sprinkle some flaked almonds on top.
7.  Bake at 170*C for about 50-60 mins.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails