Sunday, August 29, 2010

Pineapple Butter Cake

I would not think of using pineapple as an ingredient for cake until I came across from Jess's Bakericious blog,  it was very tempting and very beautifully baked.   Since it was highly commented by her, I decided to bake it for my mum-in-law

I cut down the portion by 20% to fit the 9" round pan, use butter as fat only,  and added 1/2 tsp of baking soda and 1 tsp of vanilla essence to the original recipe, the rest of the recipe remained no change.   Probably, it wasn't my day, I had a disaster with this bake.  Despite an extra 10 mins of baking time (55 mins at 175-180*C), the cake was not totally cooked, the center part was still wet.  Nothing I could salvage this situation since I only came to realize it when the cake was sliced .  About 25% of the area was removed since those were wet and not cooked.
 
 
How this cake scores?  Overall, the cake is moist and soft which is in-sync with Jess' comment but I think something is lacking/ missing there.  It's a bit flat and not as tasty as expected.  I think the brand of the canned pineapple that I used could be the culprit.  If I will to bake again, I think I can increase the sugar level.  In addition, I have to bake it longer, probably another 10 mins.    

 
Since I wasn't very satisfied with this bake, I will not post the recipe.  If you would like to try out,  please refer to  the recipe from  Jess's Bakericious blog.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails