Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Japanese Green Tea (Matcha) Cheesecake (II)

Again, I had to find time and a recipe because I had to finish up the left over whipping cream as it's expiring soon.  I really hate to do this as baking is supposed a pleasure, not pressure!  Given that it's a weekday,  I didn't have the extra time and energy to bake anything that was complicated, therefore, I chose cheesecake since it's easy to prepare (30-40 mins) and most importantly, it could use up most of the left over cream.  I decided green tea flavored as the last bake was great, and  my colleagues had not tried it before .. it just fit the bill.

For this bake, I only used 200g of cream cheese, therefore, I had to cut down the recipe amount by 20%.  Instead of making a 9" round cake, I split into two 6" and one 4" as it's easier for me to give away.  I added a bit more of green tea for this round but I think I still prefer less after the turnout - I will stick with previous recipe if I will to bake again.   

I bought two 6" cakes to the office leaving the smallest one at home for own consumption.  This group of colleagues are my usual supporters, they tasted many of my creations before.  I was glad to see many satisfied faces and smiles after the cake was eaten.  What was their comment?   "Gooooood!" At this point, I guess the pressure has turned into pleasure :)

This recipe is surely a keeper!  If you are green tea lover, you should consider to give it a try.  The following link will direct you to the recipe.

Japanese Green Tea (Matcha) Cheesecake. 

Cheer!  Have fun!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails