Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Blueberry Yogurt Butter Cake

It's a long weekend last week because of Singapore National Day, I should be very excited but somehow, even with some programs lined up, I didn't feel like I was enlivened. What's wrong with me ?? I could be tired with the routine work or lifestyle and to recharge myself, I think I must inject new inspiration, probably, I should change a new lifestyle, hunt for a new hobby or go for a long holiday or break, etc .. 

What did I do last weekend?  Oh yes! I went for a Chinese musical, December Rains (雨季) on Saturday afternoon, it was the Mother's day present from my elder daughter.   She bought a pair of tickets for me and my hubby.  We almost forgot this, fortunately, my hubby managed to remember last minute and we managed to reach there on time.   This was our first time watching the musical in Esplanade Theatre, the storyline wasn't very interesting, in fact, it's quite flat and boring.  Luckily, Kit Chan's singing was so superb, her voice was so solid and refine. The other two leading male artists also sang very well on stage.  With the excellent music and stage effect, we did enjoy the performance ..
Wanted to go JB for shop and eat but my eldest daughter wasn't able to make it.  Without her joining, it seemed like something incomplete or missing, the urge had no longer strong and exist.  Since canceling the trip,  I thought of baking something but at the end,  I was lying at home laze around doing nothing.. Somehow, my energy level had dropped to bottom  .. zzzzzzzz

It was Singapore National Day yesterday, my mood had slightly brighten up, I guessed the weather played a part as it was bright and sunny.  I wasn't much into joining the crowd to watch the National Day parade and firework, instead I went for cycling with my hubby and younger daughter in the evening.  I had not been cycling for more than 6 months, it was a nice ride to Punggol park through the park connector, the wind was breezy and cooling.  I guess the exercise did help me to destress and recharge.  I was more cheer up as compare to last two days and more energized.  I therefore restarted "my battery" and  baked for a Blueberry Yogurt Butter cake ..
This recipe is adopted from Cook.Bake.Love blog but with some modification, I used a 7" square baking plan instead since I don't have any pan with 9"x5".  The cake is delicious, it's moist, soft and light, not so buttery and oily.  It'll be perfect to go with a cup of tea or coffee. 

If you're interested in baking one, you could try the following modified recipe or follow the original's..

Blueberry Yogurt Butter Cake recipe

Preparation
-     Preheat oven at 175*C top bottom heat.  Line baking paper on 7" square baking pan.  Baking Time: 50-60 mins  
-   Sift cake flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together.  Mixed yogurt and lemon juice together and set aside.

Ingredients                                                             
-    150g butter
-    180g caster sugar
-    4 eggs (65g each)
-    250g cake flour                   }
-    1.5 tsp baking powder        } sifted
-    ¾ tsp baking soda              }
-    1/3  tsp salt                         }
-    150g yogurt                        ] mixed
-    1 tbsp lemon juice              ]
-    1 ½ cup fresh blueberries

Method:
1) Beat butter and sugar till creamy and fluffy (abt 3 mins).
2) Add egg, one at a time, mix well before each addition.
3) Fold in flour, baking powder and salt, alternate with yogurt and lemon juice in 3 to 4 additions, mix till just incorporated. Do not over mix.
4) Pour the batter into the baking pan.  Arrange blueberries on top.
5) Bake in preheated oven at 175C for 50 mins or until a skewer inserted and comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.

1 comment:

edith said...

Thanks Cynthia for dropping by my blog.

You are indeed a great baker. I have a long way to learn from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails