Red bean is a common ingredient for Chinese and Japanese dessert but not very common for cake baking. I had never tasted any red bean cake before this bake and therefore, I was eager to find out how it turned out. Overall, I think it's worth a try although it's not as tasty as Pandan and Yam Chiffon Cake.
Here you go ... Red Bean Chiffon Cake Recipe
- 4 Egg Yolk
- 26g Caster Sugar
- 45g Oil
- 70g Coconut Milk + 25g milk
- 104g Top Flour (Sifted)
- Pinch of salt
- 5 Egg White
- 52g Sugar
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar
- 140g Red Bean (if you use unsweetened red bean, mix with 25g sugar first)
1. Add egg yolk with 20g sugar, whip till sugar dissolved.
2. Add in coconut milk, milk and oil, mix well.
3. Add sifted flour and pinch of salt into egg yolk mixture and stir quickly till no lump.
4. In another mixing bowl, beat egg white and then add in sugar and cream of tartar till stiff.
5. Fold into egg yolk mixture into 3 times till well combined.
6. Gentlely in sweeten red bean and pour into 8” tube pan.
7. Bake at 165*C for 60-65 mins.