Saturday, July 24, 2010

Japanese Matcha Red Bean Madelene Cake

 Just back from Sydney last night.  The weather in Sydney was quite wet and cold when I was there.  Since it was a short trip, beside company, I didn't explore anywhere as there was not much time left after the dinner and conference calls.
 
Glad to see some more new faces during this trip.  For many of them, I had some exchanges with them before but this was the first time I could associate their face with their name.  With the expense control, any non-customer travel is hard to justify.  If not because of this key project, I don't think I would have chance to meet them up.
 
Although I still felt tired, I couldn't stop myself from baking.  I decided to choose the Japanese Matcha Red Bean Madelene Cake recipe as I wanted to finish the red beans which was left over from last bake.  This was a new recipe and therefore, I had no idea how it would turn out.
 
Glad that the cake is very delicious.  It's fluffy, moist and soft, has similar texture as chiffon or sponge cake.  I cut down the green tea amount as I don't like the after taste but I think I could increase a bit more since the green tea taste is very mild. This is definitely a good treat for breakfast or afternoon tea!

 If you are interested in trying out, here you go..   Japanese Macha Red Bean Madelene Cake...

Preparation 
-    Preheat oven at 170*C for 15 mins.  Baking Time: 35-40 mins.
-    Baking pan:  Pan line base with baking paper and bake on the lowest rack.  (Don’t grease the side)

Ingredients
-    4 large egg yolks
-    60g caster sugar
-    1 tbsp fresh milk           
-    125g butter        
-    125g top flour                      }
-    1- 1.5 tsp green tea powder   } sift together
-    1 tsp baking powder             }
-    ¼ tsp salt
-    150g canned red kidney beans
-    4 large size egg white
-    50g caster sugar
-    ¼ tsp cream of tartar 

Method 
1.    Whisk egg yolks and sugar together till well incorporated.  
2.    Microwave butter for 20 sec (till melted) and add together with milk into egg yolk batter (step 2).
3.    Sift flour, green tea powder and baking powder together and then add with salt into egg yolk mixture (step 1).
4.    Stir in kidney beans and mix till well combined. 
5.    Whip egg white till bubbly (30 sec), add in sugar and cream of tartar till soft peak (abt 2 more mins).  
6.    Take 1/3 of egg white and mix into egg yolk batter gently.  Repeat the same for remaining portions till finish.  
7.    Pour the batter into 8" baking pan and bake at 170*C for 35-40 mins with top and bottom heat.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails