My eldest daughter went for camping and my younger will be going to stay with her granny together with her twin cousins tonight. The house will become very quiet and empty without the two kids at home. I have a strange feeling of it ....
To make the kids happy staying with their granny, I bake this Japanese Marble Light Cheesecake for them. Hope they will like it and enjoy the stay.
I adopted this recipe from the Kitchen Corner blog but with a slight of modification. I didn't make the sponge cake base as I was too lazy to do it. Her cake picture looks tempting, it makes me drool ..
I am very pleased with the outcome. The texture of cheesecake likes cotton, it melts in your mouth and makes you want to eat more. The cheese and mocha give a perfect combination and make the cake so tasty and yummy! My hubby and my maid like it so much!
Here is the recipe that modified from Kitchen Corner.
Ingredients:- 250g cream cheese
- 75 caster sugar
- 6 egg yolks (60-65g each)
- 1.5 tsp vanilla essence
- 105ml milk } microwave
- 75ml whipping cream } 20 sec
- 90ml butter (melted)/oil
- 45g cake flour } sifted
- 1.5 tbsp (15g) corn flour } together
- 6 egg whites
- 75g caster sugar
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar
- 1½ tbsp coca powder } mixed with
- ½ tsp instant coffee } 1 tbsp
- 1 tbsp condense milk } hot water
- Preheat oven at 150*C without fans. Baking Time: 1 hr 15mins (+/-20mins).
- One 9" round baking pan: Pan wrapped with foil and base lined with baking paper. (Don’t grease the side)
1. Cream cheese (10 sec) using mixer and than add sugar until light (30 sec – 1 min).
2. Add in egg yolks and vanilla, one at a time and mix well after each addition.
3. Preheat Oven with boiling water for water bath.
4. Melt butter in microwave for 20 sec. Heat milk and whipping cream for 20 sec (if 2 recipes =>30 sec). Immediately add both in the cheese mixture (step 2), mix well with balloon whisk.
5. Stir in sifted flour and mix well. Put aside.
6. Whisk egg whites at medium speed until soft peaks until soft peak formed, whisk in sugar and cream of tartar and whisk until stiff.
7. Fold 1/3 of the egg whites into the cheese mixture (step 5) and mix well. Repeat remaining 2/3 one at a time till combine. (don’t overmix). Put aside.
8. Mix coca powder, instant coffee and condense milk with hot water till dissolved. Stir in 2-3 tbsp of cheese mixture and mix till well combined.
9. Pour vanilla cheese mixture into cake tin. Drizzle some cocoa cheese mixture (step 8) over the surface and draw marble pattern with skewer. Place the baking pan in a large tray.
10. Bake in water bath in a preheated oven at 150* for 1 hr 15 mins or until the centre is set and golden brown.
11. Leave the cake in oven with door ajar for 30 mins or outside to cool down before removing the pan. Chill in fridge for at least 3-4 hours before serving (best chill overnight).