Friday, May 14, 2010

Pumpkin Chiffon Cake

My neighbor gave me a pumpkin few days ago, it was planted by her relative who lives in Malaysia.  Her relative always brings some foods each time they visit her.   I had no idea how to settle this pumpkin since it is not a common food for my family and I don't know how to cook it. Given that it's quite a big piece, it'll be hard for us to consume all, I therefore cut half to my mum-in-law leaving the other half in the fridge.

I managed to find a way to "get rid" of this remaining pumpkin as I found some interesting recipes online.  It's Pumpkin Chiffon Cake!  I can't image how the pumpkin chiffon cake would taste but given that there are so many positive comments from those who baked this cake, that boosted my determination to go forward.


I went thru' no. of  the Pumpkin Chiffon recipes posted online, they looks quite similar.  I also realized that it is no much different from the yam recipe.  After some thoughts, I decided to adopt the recipe from Sweet for My sweet Tooth as it looks more interesting.   Same as other chiffon cakes, the cake turned out very airy and moist but this has some pumpkin aroma.  

Between pumpkin and yam chiffon cake, I prefer the latter.   It might be I'm Teochew as Teochew tends to eat more yam stuffs.  Anyhow, this Pumpkin Chiffon Cake recipe is a keeper and it's worth a try!  Cheer!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails