Here you go.. Mango Layered Cream Cake recipe.
- Prepare a 9" round sponge cake
Ingredients for Mango Filling
- 400g Mango Puree (4tbsp water, 1.3 tbsp sugar, 2/3 tsp cornfour – cook together till thick)
- 19g Gelatin dissolved in 3.8 tbsp boiling water (prevent cream from weeping)
- 700 ml Whipping cream (diary cream)
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- 1.5-2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp (Rum optional)
- 1 Sponge Cake (cut into 3 layers)
- 650g Mango (cut into cubes)
- 200g Top Whipping Cream
- 500g Mango Slice
1. Cook mango, water and sugar under low heat and stir in cornflour till thicken. Put aside.
2. Dissolve gelatin into boiling water. Put aside.
3. Whip whipping cream and sugar under cold water and beat till 80% stiff or mousse state (abt 2 mins). Take out from cold water.
4. Add vanilla essence and lemon juice (and rum), gelatine solution and mango puree and beat till combine (don’t overbeat). Divide into 7 portions.
5. Put 1 layer of cake onto a loose base cake pan and top it with one portion of mango mousse filling. Add in the mango cubes and top it with another portion mousse to cover the mango cubes. If the mousse are runny, freeze the cake in fridge for 10 mins before laying 2nd layer. Repeat the same for 2nd layer.
6. Cover the whole cake with remaining mango mousse and freeze for 30 mins.
7. Whip top whipping cream, ice the whole cake and line mango slice to cover it. Décor as desired
8. Chill cake for at least 3 hours before serving.