Another cheesecake again!? I could not help it as the cottage cheese which bought two weeks ago was expiring soon... Initially, I bought this for New York Cheesecake but woman is always very flicker minded, what had been decided may change when mood swings. Nothing surprising. I decided to try a new recipe! I guess I always believe life is full of adventure to be lived...
I was contemplating between Cottage Cheesecake and French Country Cheesecake, both recipes call for similar ingredients except the latter asks for extra source cream, the step is similar as well. I finally decided to go with French Country for only one reason - I had to clear stock as the sour cream was expiring soon as well !!
- Crush digestive biscuit into crumbs with rolling pin, add in melted butter and mix till well combined. Pour into 6" springform tin and press till even and level. Chilled for later use.
- Cream (A) until smooth (abt 2-3 mins). Add (B) and cream until well blended (abt 1-2 mins)
- Add (C) one at a time and cream until well combined. Add (D) and cream until smooth.
- In another bowl. whip the egg whites in (E) until foamy (abt 30 sec) then add the remaining (E) ingredients. Whip until stiff (for another 2 -2.5 mins). Add it to the cheese mixture from step (3). Mix until well incorporated.
- Pour the cheese filling onto the prepare biscuit base.
- Bake in water bath at 160*C for 70 -80 mins or until golden brown and the centre is set. Remove it from the oven and set aside to cool. Chill for 5 hours or overnight before serving.