Thursday, April 29, 2010

Cheesy Strawberry Cake

With Mother's Day approaching, it's time to bring your mum for celebration. I believe most people will bring their mum for a meal and/or buy her a gift or cake. If you could prepare a meal and/or bake a cake for her as a surprise/ present, I believe your mum will enjoy and be very pleased, this will make her day more memorable.

I found this cheesecake recipe from UW magazine, it's quite similar from one of the dessert I made before. This is a non-bake cheesecake, I believe even you have never baked before, you will succeed as it's very quite straight forward.

I picked up two packages of strawberry from a fruit stall when I came back from lunch, it only cost $4 all and all. That's very cheap, right? It may cost at least 1.5 times if I get it from supermarket. Initially, I was thinking to bake a Strawberry Shortcake to share with my colleagues, I need a catch up with them as I had not been in office for a couple of weeks. At second thought, I decided to change to a non-bake cheesecake as the Strawberry Shortcake needs more works, I can't effort to bake in a weekday evening. I therefore choosed this UW Mother's Day recipe since it's just fit in.

I forgot that although this recipe is simple, non-bake cheesecake needs time to chill in order to solidify, I started making it at 8pm but when I finished everything it was about midnight. I was quite tired and sleepy by then... zzz

I brought the whole cake to the office and was hopping not to disappoint them as I had not tested this recipe. Fortunately, the cake turned out very yummy, it's very refreshing and light. My colleagues like it.


Since this is an easy cake and Mother's Day is approaching, you should consider to make this for your mum.  I believe she will appreciate. 

Here you go.. Cheesy Strawberry Cake recipe.

Ingredient A:
- 200g Oreo biscuits (crushed or grinded)
- 100g butter (melted) - mircowave 20 mins

Ingredient B:
-250g Cream cheese
- 60g icing sugar (original recipe calls for 75g)

Ingredients C:
- 25g lemon juice
- 100g plain yogurt

Ingredient D (mix well)
- 10g gelatine powder
- 40g boiling water

Ingredient E
- 200g whipping cream (whipped)

Ingredient F
- 10 pcs strawberries (halved)

Ingredient G
-   1 pkts strawberry flavored Tortally
-   150ml boiling water and 150ml cool water

Method
  1. Crush biscuits fron Ingredient A with a rolling pin, stir in melted butter and mix well. Pour crumbs into 20cm spring form tin and chill (in freezer) for 30 mins. 
  2. Dissolve Jelly powder from Ingredient E in boling water. Add cold water and stir well.  Put aside and let it cool down completely.
  3. Place gelatine from Ingredient D in a bowl, pour in boiling water and stir until gelatine dissolved (about 10 mins). If not dissolved completely, double boil it. Let it cool down.
  4. Cream cheese and sugar (about 2-2.5 mins) from Ingredient B, add in lemon juice and yogurt and mx well.  Add melted gelatine solution from step 3 gradually and mix well.
  5. In another bowl, beat whipping cream from Ingredient E till stiff (about 2 - 2.5 mins). Fold whipped cream into cheese mixture (step 4).
  6. Bring out the biscuit base from the fridge (step 1) and pour in cheese mixture (step 5). Chill for 15 mins.
  7. Remove from fridge, arrange strawberries on top and return to chill for 1 hour until surface hardens.
  8. Pour in jelly from step 2 as topping and return it to freezer for another 2-3 hrs till set. Best to chill overnight.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails