Sunday, March 21, 2010

Oreo Cheesecake Again!

                                
Originally, My hubby and I were planning to make a trip up to KL during the school holiday since we weren't been there for a while.  However, given that I was just back from Beijing plus it was hard find a suitable time slot to fit everyone, we had decided to go in JB just to shop and eat on Mar 20.

It's unexpected that the traffic was very smooth, there wasn't any jam at custom checkpoint, everything went so well. Food in JB generally is much cheaper than Singapore because of the exchange rate. It's always amazing how human behave when things are cheap there. We spent more than what we supposed to and bought a lot of the stuffs that we might end up leaving it in storeroom. It might become wastage but at that moment, I think we just couldn't resist!

After the shopping trip in JB, we had to rush to attend a friend and her hubby's 14th-year wedding anniversary at Shangri-La hotel. I liked the dessert there, just felt irony as when it wasn't baked by me, I could enjoy the food but when I baked it, I somehow lost appetite.


Since I had not been baking cheesecake for a while and my younger daughter has been craving for it, I decided a Oreo one following my former recipe. I baked a 8" round cake with 500g of creamcheese this time round, with this size, if I dont' give away, there is no way we could consume although my family like it.  Since I am not going to office next few days , I think I should give it to neighbours instead.






If you like this recipe, I've converted into gram for easy reference.  Here you go..
 
Preparation
- Preheat oven at 160*C. Baking Time: 55-65 mins .
- Baking pan: 8” spring form pan. Bake on the lowest rack in a water bath.

Ingredients:
- 160g Oreo Cookie (remove cream and crushed)
- 80g melted butter
- 500g cream cheese (softened)
- 270g sweetened condensed milk
- 30g caster sugar
- 3 tsp flour
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 16 Oreo cookies (quartered)
- Coco powder for garnish if desired

Method
1. Crush the Oreo cookies using roller pin.  Melted butter and stir into it to combine. Press onto bottom of the pan. Freeze for 20-30 mins.  Put aside.
2. Preheat Oven with boiling water for water bath.
3. Cream cream cheese until creamy (abt 2 mins). Add condensed milk and beat until smooth (20 sec).
4. Add sugar and beat to combine. Stir flour in till combined.
5. Add eggs one at a time to combine after each addition.
6. Add the lime juice and vanilla extract; beat until combined.
7. Use spatula, gently fold in the quartered Oreo cookies. Pour batter evenly onto base.
8. Bake in water bath in a preheated oven at 160*C for 55-65 mins or until the edge is set and center moves slightly. (Don’t overbaked)
9. Shut off and allow cheesecake to cool in oven for 1 hour.
10. Remove and chill in fridge to cool for 2 hr before removing the pan.
11.  Allow to chill overnight for best flavor and texture.  Dust with coco poweder and decorate as desired before serving.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails