Sunday, March 14, 2010

Banana Walnut Butter Cake (II)

Just back from Beijing after 3 weeks of business trip. It was a freezing trip as the temperature was between below 0*C to 5*C in most of the days, this was my first time experiencing snow flakes and it was quite interesting except the traffic was a hassle.

Although I visited Beijing in Dec 2008 with my family joining the tour, on a free and easy trip, its experience is totally different. I could say after this trip, I have changed the impression I had on Beijing totally. Beijing has changed so much, there is wide variety of foods and shopping. Foods are cheap and nice there. Although Singapore has better food, it's too expensive to eat in restaurant these days. The price to pay to eat the similar quality of food in Beijing only cost half of the price in Singapore. It's unbelievable.

The only problem I felt upset is the restriction of social network websites in China. I couldn't access facebook, blogs and other websites when I was there. For someone who used to connect friends via these websites like me, I felt very disconnected and miserable staying in China. It's fortunate that I only had to stay a short period of time there and able to reconnect when I'm back in Singapore.

Since back in Singapore, I wanted to resume my baking momentum and hence, I decided to bake something today for breakfast tomorrow. Initially, I thot of baking muffins but realized no buttermilk at home, I therefore adopted Baking Mum's Banana Cake recipe with slight modification. This recipe is less buttery and rich as compare to my previous one.   If you like something more buttery and rich, you should stick with my previous recipe.

Ingredients:
- 180g Butter
- 150g Fine sugar
- 3 nos. small  or 2 extra large eggs- beaten lightly
- 250g Cake flour                 }
- 1 tsp. baking powder         } Sift together
- 1 tsp. Bicarbonate of Soda }
- 220-240g g. Bananas - mashed  (abt 3 pieces)
- 50g Full Cream Milk
- 10g Condense Milk
- 1 tsp. Vanilla essence
- 80g lightly toasted Walnuts
- 50g untoasted Walnuts (for topping)

Method:
(1) Cream butter and sugar till light and creamy (about 5 mins)
(2) Pour in eggs gradually and bat till creamy (about 8-10 mins)
(3) Add in milk, mashed bananas and vanilla essence and mix well (at low speed about 30 sec).
(4) Add in cake flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and mix well (at low speed about 30 sec) .
(5) Pour into baking tray, and top with untoasted nut
(6) Bake at 175C for about 55 to 60 mins or until cooked.  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails