Thursday, February 25, 2010

Strawberry Light Cheese Dessert

Somehow, I felt very tired this Chinese New Year as if I was occupied every minute and second consciously and unconsciously.. I guess I must be overly stressed! However, overall, I enjoyed the time spent with family, relatives and friends as it's not easy to catch up with so many people at one go. ..


This year, the Chinese New Year coincided with Valentine's Day, with this in mind, I made some strawberry heart desserts to share with my extended families. It has the same appearance as my previous recipe but this dessert is lighter as there is no whipping cream added and less cream cheese content.


I didn't intent to post this recipe since I was too busy with the Chinese New Year and also preparing for the upcoming business trip but since there were couple of requests from those who tasted this and liked it, I am delighted to share with everyone.

Many of them asked me about the Jelly I used in this recipe, since I have bad memory for product brand, I have pasted the photo here.  You can get it from any supermarket.



Here you go.. below is the Strawberry Light Cheese Dessert recipe.



Preparation- Tray: Two 9” x 6” x 1” tray for cold set. Lined with foil.

Based Ingredients
- 320g digestive biscuits
- 160 melted butter (microwave 20 sec)
1. Crush biscuits with a rolling pin and stir in melted butter. Mix well.
2. Divide and press onto the base of two trays till firm. Freeze for min 30 mins before use.


Jelly Topping Ingredients:
- 2 pkts strawberry flavored Tortally
- 300ml boiling hot water

- 300 cold water
3. Dissolve Jelly powder in boiling water. Add cold water and stir well
4. Put aside and let it cool down completely.


Filling and Assemby
- 20 medium-sized strawberries (can replace with other fruit except pineapple and kiwi)
- 1tbsp gelatine powder (1/2 tsp=> 1 leaf) } mix together first
- 70g sugar }
- 150 ml boiling water
- 250g cream cheese (take out 30 mins before use)
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
5. Using a small heart-shaped cutter (1”), cut hearts out of the strawberry halves. Place on plate lined with paper towel.
6. Place gelatine and sugar in a bowl. Pour boiling water over and stir until gelatine dissolved (about 10 mins). If not dissolve completely, double boil it.
7. Cream cheese (abt 1.5 mins) and then add in vanilla essence. Add gelatine syrup gradually and cream till smooth.
8. Prick base with holes (step 2) and pour filling (step 8) into the trays. Rest for 10-15mins.
9. Place 20 hearts (4*5) on each tray partially submerged in cheese. Leave it in freezer for 1-1.5 hrs or till cheese set.
10. Pour jelly(step 4) into tray as topping and return it to freezer for another 1-2 hrs till set. Best to chill overnight.
11. Remove foil and cut into 20 pcs each. Pack nicely with paper case.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails