Sunday, February 7, 2010

CNY Open Pineapple Tarts

I found this Nastar Pineapple Tarts recipe from the "Do What I like" blog and I wanted to give it a shot. Because of this, I bought the Nastar cookie presser but somehow I couldn't manage it,  the dough was difficult to squeeze out from the mould, I had no choice and change it to open tarts. 

How did it turn out? I wasn't sure whether this recipe only fit for Nastar type or my skill problem as it didn't turn out as what was commented. I found the pastry wasn't buttery enough and less the melt-in-the-mouth-effect. In fact, I have a recipe for open tarts which was given by my sis-in-law, I used that recipe last year and it tasted very well.    I believe if I will have to bake the open tarts next year, I will stick with my sis-in-law's recipe.
If you don't mind less buttery and melt-in-the-mouth effect, this recipe in fact tastes alright.


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails