Monday, January 4, 2010

Japanese Strawberry Shortcake (II)


Hope my passion in baking continues to inspire me in 2010 and allow me to share these yummy bakes with my friends and family!
With the new year, I have a new job and therefore, I must have new aspiration. I'm excited and looking forward to the new role but hope I could continue to find time to bake ...
This is the 2nd time I baked the strawberry shortcake, this time, I cut down the sugar content but increase the amount of the whipping cream and strawberry. I did more decoration on it and you could see it looks much nicer and more tempting.

I could say this recipe is extremely good, although it has more whipping cream, it doesn't taste overly creamy, it's not too sweet as well. Just suit me and my family.
Below is the improved version of the recipe:

Ingredients for Filling and Topping
- 1 tsp Gelatin dissolved in 2 ½ tbsp boiling water
- 400 ml Whipping cream
- 2 ½ tbsp Sugar
- 2tsp rum + 1tsp vanilla essence

- 200 ml Top Whipping cream for topping
-  1 Sponge Cake (Slice into 3 layers)
-  500g Strawberries (10 slice into half and the rest slice into 4 pcs)

For the method, pls follow my previous Japanese Strawberry Shortcake recipe.
For the Sponge cake, I cut down 10% of the sugar content. Below are the ingredients for easy reference.
Ingredients for 8" round Sponge Cake
- 4 egg Yolks
- 90g caster sugar
- 4 egg whites
- 35g castor sugar
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar
- 2 tbsp milk
- ¼ cup Oil
- ½ tsp Vanilla Essence
- 80g Cake/ Top Flour } sifted
- ½ tsp Baking power } together

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails